Rom Update

F4bri

Members
Sep 24, 2016
Hello, I'm thinking to upgrade my phone because my ROM is quite old.
I have 7.5.4.0 (LAJCNDE) from this site so I already have unlocked bootloader.
Is still 6.12.22 better stable version? I saw a post but it's quite old.

Is there a step by step tutorial? I suppose i have to update twrp first, but i don't know how to do...I'll appreciate if someone can give a link to a complete guide or to some tutorial in the right order.

Thanks to who could helps me.

Bye

Last edited:
Hello, I'm thinking to upgrade my phone because my ROM is quite old.
I have 7.5.4.0 (LAJCNDE) from this site so I already have unlocked bootloader.
Is still 6.12.22 better stable version? I saw a post but it's quite old.

Is there a step by step tutorial? I suppose i have to update twrp first, but i don't know how to do...I'll appreciate if someone can give a link to a complete guide or to some tutorial in the right order.

Thanks to who could helps me.

Bye
No one uses mi4s anymore?

Inviato dal mio MI 4S utilizzando Tapatalk

Why don't you search by yourself? Take a look at weekly thread 7.2.9 > change Android base 5.x to 7.x. There at the beginning (and in the two followings threads) is a how to. Also take a look at this thread, works also for Mi 4s: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi4c-android-5-1-1-to-7-0.40827/page-3#post-381538
Hello, thank you. I can't find the weekly thread that you have said, but I could use the link you attach. Like I said, i would like to know what is the best version for mi4s so not so sure it will be with android 7. Also the link to 6.12.22 seems broken, so i can't use it. I'll probably should find that on other site so I can apply the procedure on your link.

Thanks

6.12.22 rom, was the last rom before to install android 7 rom by update. This lock again de bootloader. download the rom android 7, I recommend development, install by update. then check the bootloader, and install the twrp by adb

I recomend you
- last stable ROM miui 9 from miui.com site by miflash. Flash all, but you are a cleanning install
- coneccted to pc and look if you bootloader is closed, fastboot oem device-info,
- open, twrp for android 7 by adb commands.
Close, original developer ROM by update, and unlock
- twrp
- rom Xiaomi.eu

Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: F4bri
6.12.22 rom, was the last rom before to install android 7 rom by update. This lock again de bootloader. download the rom android 7, I recommend development, install by update. then check the bootloader, and install the twrp by adb

I recomend you
- last stable ROM miui 9 from miui.com site by miflash. Flash all, but you are a cleanning install
- coneccted to pc and look if you bootloader is closed, fastboot oem device-info,
- open, twrp for android 7 by adb commands.
Close, original developer ROM by update, and unlock
- twrp
- rom Xiaomi.eu

Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk
Hi Santigt, happy to see you are still here, I remember you were very kindly and helped me a lot last time. Ok, i will search a working link for 6.12.22 and then try your suggestion. Thank you

Reactions: Santigt