Rom

SPS234

Members
Apr 30, 2017
I'M staying in 7.2.9 dev rom. I want to update to another dev ROM. What should I wipe. I've unlocked Bootloader and installed twrp. Does my bootloader relock again after I update to another android 7.0 Dev ROM?

Reactions: LaPp0r
Flash the rom and clear dalvik and cache at the end. It will not relock bootloader.

Trimis de pe al meu Mi-4c folosind Tapatalk

It's an update. The system gets wiped automatically and the data stays. Dalvik and cache get wiped by you at the end.

Things change if it's not an update, then you have to wipe everything except internal storage before installing

Reactions: barbuti17
It's an update. The system gets wiped automatically and the data stays. Dalvik and cache get wiped by you at the end.

Things change if it's not an update, then you have to wipe everything except internal storage before installing

Because I heard someone said that I have to

Have you ever try that way?

Sorry, but what's happen if I wipe first and flash the ROM later???
If you wipe system data and cache first and then install the rom = clean install

Flash the rom directly and then wipe cache = dirty flash / update

Both. They are not the same. Your data will get lost if you wipe everything

Both. They are not the same. Your data will get lost if you wipe everything

You said that I have to wipe dalvik cache and cache after flashing ROM. But someone said that I have to wipe dalvik cache and cache before flashing ROM. So can you explain

I just explained but you are not paying attention.

There are 2 ways you can flash a ROM.

1. Over the older ROM meaning you flash the ROM and then wipe dalvik and cache

2.clean install meaning you wipe system data, dalvik and cache and then install the ROM.

I just explained but you are not paying attention.

There are 2 ways you can flash a ROM.

1. Over the older ROM meaning you flash the ROM and then wipe dalvik and cache

2.clean install meaning you wipe system data, dalvik and cache and then install the ROM.

Thanks, I understand now and sorry

Reactions: victor nica