[ROMs] [4.12.5] Android 5.0 Lollipop for Xiaomi Mi 2/2S by Ivan Download

I already post it on en.miui.com, anyway...

Somehow I cannot install it on my mi2s. I have working CWM installed, do all wiping on the partition 1( wipe data, cache, dalvik, format system) and then click on install from zip. Installation completes itself within 30 sec with "installation successful" but when I click reboot, I see that I am booting into Miui again. What did I do wrong?

I used:
CWM 6.5.0
4.11.11 Android 5.0 Lollipop for Xiaomi Mi 2/2s by Ivan

antutu.jpg

And it is so much more responsive!! :D

Last edited:
I already post it on en.miui.com, anyway...

Somehow I cannot install it on my mi2s. I have working CWM installed, do all wiping on the partition 1( wipe data, cache, dalvik, format system) and then click on install from zip. Installation completes itself within 30 sec with "installation successful" but when I click reboot, I see that I am booting into Miui again. What did I do wrong?

I used:
CWM 6.5.0
4.11.11 Android 5.0 Lollipop for Xiaomi Mi 2/2s by Ivan
Have you switched active system to same as managed?

Ha ha... ok, but is it working for you ?
For me it says no space in /bin /xbin folder while installing busybox.
Any work around to make this work ?
Yes it's working for lot of people here. If you have full system partition, you have to delete unused stuff. Or flash pico gapps.

Ha ha... ok, but is it working for you ?
For me it says no space in /bin /xbin folder while installing busybox.
Any work around to make this work ?

> cp /data/local/busybox /system/xbin
cp /data/local/busybox /system/bin

these lines didnt work for me first, but if you eliminate the space between busyox and /system it worked.
Like this cp /data/local/busybox/system/xbin

Still dont have root though. Tried the process several times now and the only step that doesnt seem to work is mkdir for me. It says file exists already, so that shoulndt be a problem...

CWM Recovery-6.0.5.1(English language)
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=5283171&uk=3056317627

From CM11 M12(Snapshot).Support flash Android L.
Thank you.
What's the difference from 6.0.5.0?

Still dont have root though. Tried the process several times now and the only step that doesnt seem to work is mkdir for me. It says file exists already, so that shoulndt be a problem...
If you skip that, theorically you shoudn't have problems. For me too said the files already exists.

Is there a way to disable proximity sensor for incoming calls?Mine is broken so it keeps shutdowning my screen and I can't close the call or doin' anything when the call is active.Thanks..

Yeah I did. Still havent managed to get root

Reinstall ROM and flash SU binary before gapps,it looks that bacause this ROMs flashes image to system partition instead just copying files,size of system partition is capped to 500mb

> cp /data/local/busybox /system/xbin
cp /data/local/busybox /system/bin

these lines didnt work for me first, but if you eliminate the space between busyox and /system it worked.
Like this cp /data/local/busybox/system/xbin

Don't remove the space... It copies from first path to second path, of course you don't get root if you remove the space as BusyBox won't be copied to the correct location. Remove some stuff from system so you can copy it properly without getting the space warning.

Reactions: MTT
The question mabye could look stupid.. but have you flashed the SU.zip and then installed the app from Play Store?
Yeah I flashed it. what app do I need? SuperSU?

Don't remove the space... It copies from first path to second path, of course you don't get root if you remove the space as BusyBox won't be copied to the correct location. Remove some stuff from system so you can copy it properly without getting the space warning.

How do I do that without having root browser? And how do I know what files can be deleted w/o problems

Reactions: Howieson33
Yeah I flashed it. what app do I need? SuperSU?
How do I do that without having root browser? And how do I know what files can be deleted w/o problems

If you don't have enough space for root, reboot into recovery and use ADB to free up some space. Google Home can safely be removed, it's the Google Now launcher which is also found in the Google Play store (so you can get it back, but on the data partition). I'm pretty sure you can remove Google+ as well. Who uses it anyways? :)

The following commands will remove GoogleHome and GooglePlus from your system partition:
Code:
adb shell
cd /system/app
ls -l
rm -rf GoogleHome
rm -rf GooglePlus

After this, follow the root instructions again. DO NOT remove the spaces like you did before, make sure you copy the commands literally. You can break stuff if you don't follow the instructions properly. Especially if you don't know what you're doing :)

Yeah it worked! Thanks Mavamaarten ;D Had to remount though cause it didnt work at first.

Plus I couldnt use ADB in recovery, so I did it in "normal"mode.
J3bsvqQ.png

Reactions: Mavamaarten
I'm getting a battery drain bug. After a while my device no longer goes into deep sleep. I'm not sure what's causing it yet. It might be location but I've only got it in battery saver mode. I've turned it off to see if that helps. Anyone else getting this?

I'm getting a battery drain bug. After a while my device no longer goes into deep sleep. I'm not sure what's causing it yet. It might be location but I've only got it in battery saver mode. I've turned it off to see if that helps. Anyone else getting this?

I dont get this but for me sound sometimes stops working,games and chrome,YouTube works.

Hi do you use 3g vor 2g only? With 2g my phone gets the same Problem the phone apk does not turn off correctly
Sry my english is not very well

Any way to restrict mobile Internet for the Google Now Launcher?

I tried with LBE but it doesnt work. Denied Google Now and Android OS mobile Internet and yet it still can access it.

I guess its because of the Google Now Launcher, but somehow I cant restrict any permissions for it