Root troubles please help

Moz-Art

Members
Jan 5, 2014
Hello,

I have a Hongmi (Model 2013023) with android version 4.2.2 HM2013023 and MIUI version MIUI-JHBCNAH3.0

When I bought the phone and installed the mutlilanguage pack like is shown in this thread:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/xiaomi-hongmi-td-wcdma-update-guide.22095/
Now I want to install Xiaomi Hongmi WCDMA - Stable 4.0 Multilang

Problem is like many have found that vRoot doesn't work any more.

I tried many solution like Farmaroot with supersu and earlier versions of vRoot but none of them work!

Could somebody please give me a step by step solution on how to install the Xiaomi Hongmi WCDMA - Stable 4.0 Multilang

Thank you so much.

Reactions: ko3st68
Hello,

I have a Hongmi (Model 2013023) with android version 4.2.2 HM2013023 and MIUI version MIUI-JHBCNAH3.0

When I bought the phone and installed the mutlilanguage pack like is shown in this thread:

I tried many solution like Farmaroot with supersu and earlier versions of vRoot but none of them work!

Could somebody please give me a step by step solution on how to install the Xiaomi Hongmi WCDMA - Stable 4.0 Multilang

Thank you so much.

if you have CWM you can root on recovery mod stable5

Problem is the root. I can't use MobileUncle because I can't get the phone rooted. Tried older versions of vRoot, tried Farmaroot and tried zdsrooter. None of them work. And now I want to flash something and when I reboot in recovery mode, everything is in chinese.

Stable 5 installed....vroot doesn't work and i can't run titanium backup and restore saved backups....previous version 3.11.15.

Hello,

Thank you so much.
I have the same problem with Stable 4.0 Multilang - vRoot doesn't work for me.

I was newbie to m8 and still am.
Just saying to read that thread and you will find answer for your questions many times

Reactions: Miggle
I was newbie to m8 and still am.
Just saying to read that thread and you will find answer for your questions many times
I would agree with you, but I spent half a day to find the answer to this question...
Don't you think it wouldn't be so difficult to give a link to this or even your instruction? :)

@MikelFuchs & all

I was already on version multi4.0, and no CWM.

What i did was:
- install from miui recovery an older rooted or rootable rom (miuiandroid_multi_V6W_3.12.13_jb-4.2.zip),
- Install mobile uncle and flash CWM
- Reboot to CWM recovery, Flash last stable version (Multi_4.0), flash xxxroot.zip
- One last reboot....and done
Note (done all the required wipes in between).

Done! Supersu running, and root access!

@pjovp,
Now I have Stable 4.0 multi and Chinese recovery.
Can I install the older (stock) rom via current OTA updater by selecting zip file? I want to avoid using Chinese recovery...

all versions I have installed always had the recovery in english and by the way I was never able to update via OTA.
just install the stable version from the forum

Does this work for english-chinese only v5?

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D802 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Vroot only work up to certain version.
Read this thread http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?threads/22095/ as this add been explained a dozen times. Read and find

Then got the answer you have to install an older rom , hip hip huray.
How then if you are stuck with the factory revovery .
See no images which give some explanation
No every time boring adds .
You should think that it must be possible to root this phone on a easy way like one click root

Report:
I had Stable 4.0 multi and I couldn't root using vRoot or Framaroot.
1) Installed Stable 5.0 multi using Chinese CWM
2) Forgot to wipe...
3) Reboot... Everything is working fine
4) Installed "root for 5.0" mentioned above.
5) Reboot... Everything is working fine.
10x a lot.

At last I have working V5 multilanigual rom and the phone rooted
The last trick was in the permissions which i first not got found