Safety net issue -

Doush_504

Members
Sep 1, 2023
Hello everyone

Relatively new to Xiaomi.EU
I mainly tried it to get both sim cards working on my Mi 10 pro.
When I liked it, I decided to install it on my other devices (Mi Note 10 pro & Poco X3 pro).
All was going relatively well until I tried installing TWRP (instead of having to flash it everytime).
From that point, safety net became an issue (CTS profile Match: fail)
I experimented with several versions but decided to settle on MIUI 12-12.5 as it has less constraints than A12/MIUI 13.
Also Play store says "device not certified" & it is not rooted.
Am I doing something wrong ?
I went back to stock rom & the issue remained (I said to myself that maybe because the bootloader is unlocked).
I tried to wipe everything through TWRP to remove any traces of anything that might have gone wrong but nothing worked.

Any advice please ?

Thank you

i replied you in my post also
3 options to get "certified device" for you

1...i tried MIUI 14 eu stable version some days ago, it will work as certified device on MI 10 (not sure about MIUI 13 now)

2....if you want "certified device" in stock roms you have to lock bootloader

3....if you want to use old eu roms like miui 12 you need root access to manipulate system as "certified device"

note as bonus
no eu rom will replace recovery/TWRP, if you need stock recovery with eu roms just flash stock recovery file only with fastboot command "fastboot flash recovery filename.img"
you can install latest eu roms for our device "mi10" through TWRP and fastboot also

• Love
Reactions: Doush_504

1...i tried MIUI 14 eu stable version some days ago, it will work as certified device on MI 10 (not sure about MIUI 13 now)

3....if you want to use old eu roms like miui 12 you need root access to manipulate system as "certified device"

note as bonus
no eu rom will replace recovery/TWRP, if you need stock recovery with eu roms just flash stock recovery file only with fastboot command "fastboot flash recovery filename.img"
you can install latest eu roms for our device "mi10" through TWRP and fastboot also
What is shocking me that everything was working perfectly till last week.
I would like to stay on MIUI 12 so I guess I"l have to root. But it's something that I haven't done for years.

note as bonus
Does that mean that as soon as a version gets a little old it no longer passes safety net ?
My Mi Note 10 for instance won't have MIUI 14, so either root or go back to stock ?
I was thinking about repeating the process from scratch, going stock & locking then unlock & go to MIUI 12 EU (like I did last month when I bought my Mi 10 pro & it was working flawlessly)

Last edited:
Reactions: anonymousdroid
Trying now on the Mi Note 10 (which I'll be using for testing since it's a spare now).
I flashed MIUI 12.0.3 (indonesian rom) & locked the bootloader & made sure google play store showed "device is certified".
Then I unlocked it immediately (no need to wait for a week like the 1st time since I am unlocking with the same account).
Flashed TWRP & copied MIUI EU 12.5.9 to internal storage & flashed it.
Waiting for 1st boot ...

If this works, I'll do the same to the Poco X3 pro (I'll unlock it immediately) & Mi 10 pro (I'll have to wait for a week since I bought it unlocked).
If it doesn't, both Mi Note 10 Pro & Poco X3 pro will be going back to MIUI 12.5 indonesian rom which I have been using successfully during the last couple of years (to be honest, I can't tell the difference between the indonesian rom & EU)
I'll have to think of something for the Mi 10 pro as it doesn't have any rom that supports dual sim except the chinese which I tried very briefly & didn't like.

Mission failed
Going back to indonesian rom & locked bootloader :(

1693603017086.png

Mission failed
Going back to indonesian rom & locked bootloader :(

View attachment 48743
Which version on which device?

It was like a month ago
I tried "14.0.3" eu rom on mi 10 (umi) with certified device without root
Btw i am using recovery 5.0 from a stock rom no twrps
And i installed it via fastboot
I am pretty sure your mi 10 pro can pass as certified device on MIUI 14 EU ROM
Here is the link for mi 10 pro MIUI 14.0.3
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10620683726822054424

Last edited:
Does that mean that as soon as a version gets a little old it no longer passes safety net ?
My Mi Note 10 for instance won't have MIUI 14, so either root or go back to stock ?
I was thinking about repeating the process from scratch, going stock & locking then unlock & go to MIUI 12 EU (like I did last month when I bought my Mi 10 pro & it was working flawlessly)
Yes its possible with time that old custom roms can be detect as uncertified device / no safetynet pass
Due to google Play Store updates

And yes stock rom with locked bootloader always good option for certified device

Reactions: Doush_504
Yes its possible with time that old custom roms can be detect as uncertified device / no safetynet pass
Due to google Play Store updates

And yes stock rom with locked bootloader always good option for certified device
Safetynet Universal Fix

Maybe it's a google play update that ruined everything.
It could be.
Anyway yesterday I locked the Poco X3 pro & went back to indonesian rom 12.5.2 & everything seems OK so far.
Problem will remain with the Mi 10 pro which unfortunately does not have any indonesian/indian roms available
So I'll somehow have to stick with xiaomi.eu
I'll try to see if it passes safety net with MIUI 13/14 or maybe give up & root while staying on MIUI 12.5 as I'd like to.
Which version on which device?

It was like a month ago
I tried "14.0.3" eu rom on mi 10 (umi) with certified device without root
Btw i am using recovery 5.0 from a stock rom no twrps
And i installed it via fastboot
I am pretty sure your mi 10 pro can pass as certified device on MIUI 14 EU ROM
Here is the link for mi 10 pro MIUI 14.0.3
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10620683726822054424

It'll be the last resort.
I prefer MIUI 12.5 so maybe I'll end up rooting it & doing this fix.
I'll have to look for tutorials to do this as it's been years since I last rooted (since the days of super user, which apparently is no longer a thing)
Safetynet Universal Fix

For the sake of helping other who might have the same problem:
Tried MIUI 14/A13 & it passed safety net without any issues.
Now trying to install MIUI 13/12 to check if it also passes or fails.
But for the moment, TWRP is giving me some hard time: "failed to mount" error

For the sake of helping other who might have the same problem:
Tried MIUI 14/A13 & it passed safety net without any issues.
Now trying to install MIUI 13/12 to check if it also passes or fails.
But for the moment, TWRP is giving me some hard time: "failed to mount" error
Try flashing via fastboot from pc, latest xiaomi eu roms are hybrid, means you can install same file via recovery or fastboot (especially miui 14 roms)

Mi 10 pro ROM is recovery not hybrid.
I went back to MIUI 14 after installation of MIUI13 failed.
Will test it for a few days to see battery consumption & overall performance & if there are too many constraints.
I'll then decide whether to go back to MIUI 12.5 (and maybe give up & root) or continue with MIUI 14.
Problem is that Mi 10 pro will no longer get updates, so this means that at any moment (maybe when MIUI 15 comes out, MIUI 14 fails safety net) I might lose safety net pass.
Will wait & see.
Thank you for your help
Really appreciate it

1693993537353.png

Try flashing via fastboot from pc, latest xiaomi eu roms are hybrid, means you can install same file via recovery or fastboot (especially miui 14 roms)

Mi 10 pro ROM is recovery not hybrid.
I went back to MIUI 14 after installation of MIUI13 failed.
Will test it for a few days to see battery consumption & overall performance & if there are too many constraints.
I'll then decide whether to go back to MIUI 12.5 (and maybe give up & root) or continue with MIUI 14.
Problem is that Mi 10 pro will no longer get updates, so this means that at any moment (maybe when MIUI 15 comes out, MIUI 14 fails safety net) I might lose safety net pass.
Will wait & see.
Thank you for your help
Really appreciate it

View attachment 48766
Brother MIU 14 stable roms are hybrid for your device mi 10 pro
&
You're welcome

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-09-12-11-04-263_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-09-12-11-04-263_com.android.chrome.jpg
    794.1 KB · Views: 105
have the brain to root your phone previously and now ranting for safety net concerns? Come on.....
I dont get it why u guys are using TWRP when fastboot is easier and faster.

Years ago when I rooted, it was mainly to enjoy Exposed installer (if I remember its name correctly) on my LG G4.

Then I bought the V40 & I failed to root it & decided to move on to Xiaomi.
Since MIUI offers a ton of customization, I felt that it was needless to root especially since it became more difficult to root (there used to be programs that offer one click root) and Android becoming more annoying & putting more restrictions.
But during my 2 years with Xiaomi, I felt that updating isn't always the best option & I started to prefer MIUI 12-12.5.
Anyway I already downgraded the Poco X3 pro to MIUI 12.5 & Mi Note 10 pro to MIUI 12 (both indonesian rom with Xiaomi dialer & SMS app ... ).
The problem remains with the Mi 10 pro which for now is doing good on Xiaomi.EU 14 & banking apps are doing good except for 1 bank which is secondary.
Hopefully it remains functional & not get blown when MIUI 15 arrives & 14 loses support.

Hello everyone
After facing some very strange issues with MIUI 14, I decided to go back to MIUI 12.5.4 & root to be able to use banking apps.
I haven't rooted since the days of SuperSU.
Any advice on what Magisk to use ? (I see regular, alpha, delta, canary ...)
Thank you in advance

Can someone explain why you need root on official rom? Isn't locking the bootloader enough?

As alternative couldn't you just bank in a browser? (Pick one safe browser and only use it for banking, use another browser for your daily browsing.)

Can someone explain why you need root on official rom? Isn't locking the bootloader enough?

As alternative couldn't you just bank in a browser? (Pick one safe browser and only use it for banking, use another browser for your daily browsing.)
This forum is dedicated to the custom ROM Xiaomi.eu, it is not an official ROM.

Reactions: XXXiaomi
Some services don't work on browsers, without banking apps
Like i can't transfer payments without banking app for 1 of my bank