Same ol' question: Would I loose my data by flashing Xiaomi.eu to global?

duke_33

Members
May 15, 2021
Sorry, I know this question has been asked multiple times, but as I read the posts, it was not clear to me, since I found different answers. I have a xiaomi mi 9t, rooted with twrp and magisk, running MIUI Global 11.0.5 (QFJEUXM) and android 10QKQ1.19. So, the question is: Would I loose my data if I flash xiaomi.eu rom from twrp? and what data exactly? Of course I'll do a full image backup, so no need to remind that. Thanks!

When moving from official ROM to custom ROM, you have to use "Format Data" in TWRP, which will remove all user data, including Internal storage.
Your image backups are useless in this case. You shouldn't restore them because you *will* have issues, whether you'll see them or not (crashes in the background along with battery drain).

Reactions: duke_33
When moving from official ROM to custom ROM, you have to use "Format Data" in TWRP, which will remove all user data, including Internal storage.
Your image backups are useless in this case. You shouldn't restore them because you *will* have issues, whether you'll see them or not (crashes in the background along with battery drain).
I was just thinking and wondering, why is that I can't (or will result in errors) flash a full back up image made with twrp if there's another existing installed ROM? Meaning, would't flashing a full image backup the same as flashing a clean ROM?

I was just thinking and wondering, why is that I can't (or will result in errors) flash a full back up image made with twrp if there's another existing installed ROM? Meaning, would't flashing a full image backup the same as flashing a clean ROM?
Don't forget that the worst case is always for us when handling backup. You can NOT rely on TWRP backup in case your luck is not at home when you need it.
The best is to HARD back up your precious data at a place you can trust and easily reach in case of trouble.
Forget any ROM backup via TWRP, that definitively doesn't work the day you expect it.....

Reactions: duke_33