Votes: 8 66.7%
  • I don't have the required hardware/software or don't want to try

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

paulo_1307_

Members
Feb 20, 2020
TL;DR in the end

Screen combo is a new feature, at the moment only available for Mi 9 and Mi 10. It's basically Xiaomi attempt to copy the My phone feature that Samsung has in partnership with Windows. More info here

After half an hour researching the chinese forum (i don't speak chinese, so it was really difficult) I got to this website, where people were discussing the new feature and app. Then i finally got the download link: Download ( http://cdn.cnbj1.fds.api.mi-img.com/core-app/milink/MiAIoT_Setup.exe )

At the moment app requires you to have a Mi 10 or Mi 9 and a PC with bluetooth and Wifi. The app is in chinese, but it is really simple and you can translate it with google lens as shown in the attachments.

My PC does not have Wifi, so i was not able to test if this is really working, so let me know in the comments.

TL;DR: If you want to try screen combo (requires an mi 9 or mi 10 and a Wifi ready PC) download this app (it is in chinese, but you can use it)

Edit: It seems like it is not working properly (it gets in a loading loop and does not connect). I'm going to look for updates for the app ever now and then and edit the thread in case someone wants to try.

Attachments

• photo_2020-08-29_11-09-07 (2).jpg
    photo_2020-08-29_11-09-07 (2).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,101
  • photo_2020-08-29_11-09-07.jpg
    photo_2020-08-29_11-09-07.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,149
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,067
Last edited:
thanks for your thread, but my Screencombo has been loading for a while
3 buttons work ok but there's nothing on the screen
what should i do?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 743
Reactions: renanfamous
It's similar in my case. The screen loads and the buttons can be used. But more does not seem possible at the moment.
However, I hope that by the end of the year the software will be available in English and that everything will work.
In the approach, more is possible than with the your phone app from microsoft.

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: hoanvu1100
what should i do?

Don't really know, i cannot test it in my PC. Well, I'm going to edit the thread to warn people that it is not working, at lest in this version.

• Haha
Reactions: hoanvu1100
what should i do?

Same for me.

Windows 10 with Wifi + Bluetooth
Mi 9T Pro with MIUI 12 (20.9.10)

Attachments

• mi9tpro_screen_combo.png
    mi9tpro_screen_combo.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 578
[ROOT] For me it was the same but I have tried this tutorial with root and it worked. With this method u can restore some features from MIUI China, it's all in Chinese but if u strictly following the tutorial works It worked for me but I am not responsible for anyone hehe.

*You just have to download the latest zip version, for me it was "0.76.zip"*
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...mote-control-your-phone-from-windows.4258395/

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: iarshadm
[ROOT] For me it was the same but I have tried this tutorial with root and it worked. With this method u can restore some features from MIUI China, it's all in Chinese but if u strictly following the tutorial works It worked for me but I am not responsible for anyone hehe. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...mote-control-your-phone-from-windows.4258395/

How big is the Magisk Module? The download has been going on for more than 10 minutes now. Already downloaded 1.3 GB

[ROOT] For me it was the same but I have tried this tutorial with root and it worked. With this method u can restore some features from MIUI China, it's all in Chinese but if u strictly following the tutorial works It worked for me but I am not responsible for anyone hehe. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...mote-control-your-phone-from-windows.4258395/

I've downloaded the 0.76.zip. Earlier was downloading the entier thing. Now the installation in Magisk is failing. I did follow the guide in the link. Im on Redmi K20 Pro 21.5.12

I've downloaded the 0.76.zip. Earlier was downloading the entier thing. Now the installation in Magisk is failing. I did follow the guide in the link. Im on Redmi K20 Pro 21.5.12
The magisk operation will fail, but after restarting the phone, the module will be installed.
8e9c3e40cf933535dcc2afbbd0fb0294.jpg

Reactions: iarshadm