Screen problem

peelaa

Members
Jun 23, 2013
Hi, I replaced my screen complete with frame but unfortunately the screen has come away from the frame. Can anybody recommend a good way to secure the Two back together. I tried double sided tape but not only was it very fiddly it didn't hold for long. I am worried about using glue because of the mess it could make and because it seems so permanent. Has anybody done this before and could they recommend a good product to use. Thanks

Hi, I replaced my screen complete with frame but unfortunately the screen has come away from the frame. Can anybody recommend a good way to secure the Two back together. I tried double sided tape but not only was it very fiddly it didn't hold for long. I am worried about using glue because of the mess it could make and because it seems so permanent. Has anybody done this before and could they recommend a good product to use. Thanks

I'm afraid glue is your only option.

Right, okay but before I go ahead and glue it seems to have a problem with the proximity sensor. I have had a look at it and I can't see anything obstructing it but the pocket lock comes on when I try to open the phone and screen is blank when I make calls. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Right, okay but before I go ahead and glue it seems to have a problem with the proximity sensor. I have had a look at it and I can't see anything obstructing it but the pocket lock comes on when I try to open the phone and screen is blank when I make calls. Any ideas what the problem could be?

This happens when you buy fake screen.

Last edited:
This happens when you buy fake screen.

Maybe, unfortunately I didn't know where to buy a genuine one from and to I thought the one I was buying was genuine, believe me it wasn't cheap. Anyway, at least it got rid of the ghost touches I was suffering.

I have had this screen at least 6 months, problem with proximity sensor only started since I took my phone apart. Not sure how the screen would affect the proximity sensor as it is not connected to the screen.

I have had this screen at least 6 months, problem with proximity sensor only started since I took my phone apart. Not sure how the screen would affect the proximity sensor as it is not connected to the screen.

Well it happens mostly to people who change screens and put fake ones especially.

Right, all up and running again with the the problem sorted. If anybody else has a similar problem you just need to make sure the screen is firmly attached to the frame around the proximity sensor. The sensor was picking up the screen because there was too much of a gap between them. Had to use double sided tape again and have a feeling it isn't going to last long so if anybody comes up with a better idea then feel free to let me know.