Security improvement suggestion - please implement Block switch off/reset menu on lock screen

PavelCzechRep

Members
Dec 5, 2019
I would like to kindly ask Xiaomi.eu developers if they can incorporate into their Great ROM this simple feature - Block (not show) switch off/restart menu on the lock screen. It is for a security reason which may help in case the phone has been stolen. There are so many stolen phones every day(!) and the thing is that the thief will most likely try to immediately switch off the phone in order to avoid Google or other services to use finding features. The proposed functionality will increase security which should be the main preference of any Custom ROM makers.

The very same functionality has an Anti-theft app Cerberus, but their pricing model is now more aggressive and development is not under wide control. I am pretty sure this is a simple thing to develop, it can be a basic service running on background which will avoid showing switch off/restart menu. Then in Android option menu under security should be just a simple switch off/on for this feature on Xiaomi.eu ROM.

BTW: you might say that this does not make sense since a thief can also take out the SIM card while the phone is ON in order to lose internet connection but still avoiding to switch off phone increases the time and chance to find a phone or delete data. Simply because WiFi can be still on and running.

In general, it would be nice if Xiaomi.eu can incorporate more security features (I can share more ideas) but this could be a solid and fair start.

I would like to kindly ask Xiaomi.eu developers if they can incorporate into their Great ROM this simple feature - Block (not show) switch off/restart menu on the lock screen. It is for a security reason which may help in case the phone has been stolen. There are so many stolen phones every day(!) and the thing is that the thief will most likely try to immediately switch off the phone in order to avoid Google or other services to use finding features. The proposed functionality will increase security which should be the main preference of any Custom ROM makers.

The very same functionality has an Anti-theft app Cerberus, but their pricing model is now more aggressive and development is not under wide control. I am pretty sure this is a simple thing to develop, it can be a basic service running on background which will avoid showing switch off/restart menu. Then in Android option menu under security should be just a simple switch off/on for this feature on Xiaomi.eu ROM.

BTW: you might say that this does not make sense since a thief can also take out the SIM card while the phone is ON in order to lose internet connection but still avoiding to switch off phone increases the time and chance to find a phone or delete data. Simply because WiFi can be still on and running.

In general, it would be nice if Xiaomi.eu can incorporate more security features (I can share more ideas) but this could be a solid and fair start.

Xiaomi.EU already implemented that long time ago

[QUOTE = "KcNirvana, publicación: 522627, miembro: 124097"]
Xiaomi.EU ya lo implementó hace mucho tiempo
View attachment 27804
[/ CITAR
hola, yo lo tengo desactivado y no me funciona, si presiono boton de apagado salta el menu.