Security of MIUI Rom

Sense is closed source from the taiwanese! read up on the taiwanese, they are shady!
Touchwiz is closed source from the koreans! read up on the koreans, they are shady!
Motoblur is closed source from the americans! read up on the americans, they are shady!

LOL, +1 for this. Nothing wrong with these developers wanting to perfect the ROM for their own community first, and surely by no means does MIUI ROM developers represent the whole Chinese population? LOL.

can you tell me which rom besides cyanogen's is open sourced?
SENSE TOUCHWIZ MOTOBLUR are all closed source

Well, if you're talking only about multi-device ROMs, then I believe CM is the only OSS one. However, there are a lot of smaller ROMs that are open source. On the Evo alone, there's Evervolv, SalvageMod, and Savaged-Zen. I'm sure other phones have their own open source ROMs, too.

can you tell me which rom besides cyanogen's is open sourced?SENSE TOUCHWIZ MOTOBLUR are all closed source

You are talking about products from well know trusted company that gain customers trust through years of relations, you cant compare this to a quite unknow origin custom rom, again motorola samsung and co. are monitored by national and international organizations for costumer safety.

I want to emphasize that i m doing the Devil's Advocate and I'm not accusing anyone, i m just want to know, like all people must do, as much as i can on everithing interact with me

The point is that, when I download a ROM I have to have trust in any developer, open source or not. Open source allows more people to have the ability to catch the developer when they do malicious things, but I'm not one of those people. Even with open source, I still have to have trust that people in the community are looking over the developer's shoulder, making sure things are OK.

for the same reasoning if you dont know anything about politics,you should appoint one person to govern your country alone (like old monarchies) have more people (from different country, colture, age, ecc) looking is always better

I believe that if we wanted to we would all get together and show the chinese how much we really appreciate there work and how much we wish we (united states) could get more suport. I dont like to see we people judge people because of their race. Look guys we need to comunicate more with them because right now we have to much problems with other countries and the last thing we need is having more people/countries dislike us. Lets show the world we are not all the same since our goverment is showing otherwise. Peace to the world and thanks to the chinese :) love you guys

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Security of MIUI Rom
There was a full traffic analysis done of the ROM over a few days, if I remember correctly, and nothing sketchy was every found, nor was anything found that could be "construed" as much.
I think that it is possible to hide it very well. (send only on gsm network with encryption over europe servers...).

It rumors that Baidu could buy MIUI... and we all know that Baidu works perfect with the government and censors and spys a lot...

I won't accuse anyone but this is a Question which has to be asked and has to be answered. We shouldn't treat that lightly!...

The Developers made a great work on MIUI. It's one of the best android roms, many thanks for that.

stiffspliff said:
can you tell me which rom besides cyanogen's is open sourced?
SENSE TOUCHWIZ MOTOBLUR are all closed source

Here you are wrong. Yes the launchers are closed source like Sense, touchwiz, motoblur. But that is not what is being looked at. Its the kernel code that is covered by the GPL laws which MIUI is breaking. All other rom's have the source code for the kernel posted for all to see. Makes one wonder what they have to hide. Already there is a class action lawsuite set up to force the source code to be released. I would just sit back and watch as one of two things will happen. One will be that they release the source code. The second will be that miui will never be allowed to be sold on a device outside of china and all MIUI Roms will be pulled from all US based sites like XDA