Setting default apps in MIUI

msssm

Members
Sep 18, 2021
Hi.
How can I set the default apps like the app used for Phone calls? Android 11 seems to have it according to howtos, but in MIUI 12.5.12 I don't find it.

The issue is, I can't make local calls in DW Contacts (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dw.contacts). Looking at the log I find:
Code:
10-05 09:20:32.986  2507  4872 W Telecom : NewOutgoingCallIntentBroadcaster: Cannot call potential emergency number 08003000... with CALL Intent Intent { act=android.intent.action.CALL dat=tel:xxxxxxxxxxx flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.android.server.telecom/.components.UserCallActivity (has extras) } unless caller is system or default dialer.: TSI.hCI@D8Y
What can I do?

Hello,

You can manage default apps in phone's settings => Manage apps => Apps (or "Installed apps") => Open "3-dots" menu (top-right) and select "Manage default apps" => Change your default app for "Phone" here.

:)

Reactions: JiaiJ
Ok, found. I have already set DW Contacts there but it doesn't solve the issue.
Dialing with the +49 country prefix, it works and DW Contacts opens the Phone app and dialing... but on Android 9 I was always able to also enter local phone numbers without the country code.

Last edited: