New Several bugs on 9.5.23 Mi 9 ROM

ReeCorDs

Members
Apr 23, 2019
Hello,

just found a new bug on latest 9.5.9 MI 9 rom.

if you have a themed statusbar: when you using the smartphone in landscapemode and going back into portrait mode, the statusbar icons (like battery, signal bar, LTE icon, etc.) are resetted to stock icons.

after applying the theme again, everything is themed until you use landscape mode again...

bug is still there in 9.5.16...

Bonus bug: Charging and Fast charging is not translated in lockscreen.

ahh and in the roms before you did not need to restart your phone for appyling a font. now you have to...

Last edited:
Following bugs appear in Mi 9 ROM 9.5.9, 9.5.16 and in latest 9.5.23:

1. If you have a themed batteryicon and using e.g. youtube in landscape, the batteryicon resets to stock. when reapplying theme, its themend until u use landscape mode again.

2. Charging and fastcharging in lockscreen is not translated into german language.

3. when applying a theme, system says it needs to restart to set font but there is no custom font in theme.

i posted these bugs two weeks ago and i have no plan why this is getting ignored. i went back to 9.4.25 cause everything was fine there...

Edit: Bug no. 4: batteryicon is not themend in AOD.. worked wonderful on roms before! its not a theme issue, tested several other themes, all same.

Would be awesome if somebody can fix this or even giving feedback to this!

Last edited:
Following bugs appear in Mi 9 ROM 9.5.9, 9.5.16 and in latest 9.5.23:

1. If you have a themed batteryicon and using e.g. youtube in landscape, the batteryicon resets to stock. when reapplying theme, its themend until u use landscape mode again.

2. Charging and fastcharging in lockscreen is not translated into german language.

3. when applying a theme, system says it needs to restart to set font but there is no custom font in theme.

i posted these bugs two weeks ago and i have no plan why this is getting ignored. i went back to 9.4.25 cause everything was fine there...

Edit: Bug no. 4: batteryicon is not themend in AOD.. worked wonderful on roms before! its not a theme issue, tested several other themes, all same.

Would be awesome if somebody can fix this or even giving feedback to this!
Can't comment anything about 1 and 3.
2. Report translation issues to the German translation repository, not on the bugs subforum.
4. Everything related to AOD has been officially moved to MiuiAod.apk (com.miui.aod), so theming them in MiuiSystemUI.apk (com.android.systemui) no longer applies to AOD. So yes, it is themes' issue, they are now outdated. The developers need to theme res/raw-440dpi-v4/stat_sys_battery.png and res/raw-440dpi-v4/stat_sys_battery_charge.png in com.miui.aod as well.

Reactions: ReeCorDs