In Progress SGS 2 2.4.20 - Play store reverts back to Market after restart

Angelo

Members
Feb 18, 2012
This bug is still present, the play store becomes market after each restart and need to reupdate...please can you provide a fix?

Thanks

Yes, confirmed here also.
Seems this one is going to stay with us for a while.

From my SGSII powered by Tapatalk.

Same here. :/
But i have downloded and kept Google Play.apk on sd card, so whnever its reverts back, just simply install Play again. :D

Reactions: Rocky Gidz
odd try this:

clear data and cache from market app
reboot into cwm
clear dalvik
clear cache partition
reboot as normal

then add your details to log in to market and let it upgrade naturally - let me know if this helps

odd try this:

reboot into cwm
clear dalvik
clear cache partition
reboot as normal

then add your details to log in to market and let it upgrade naturally - let me know if this helps

What strange was, I did a dalvik and cache wipe before installing the update 4.20 and the play store was still there. I never had that with an update. But now with every restart the old market keeps returning. I will try it later with a wipe of the market cache. See what happens then.

odd try this:

reboot into cwm
clear dalvik
clear cache partition
reboot as normal

Thanks Pele, trying and will report back

Reactions: Pele
Pele i tried what you suggested but it still reverts randomly after restarts and must reupdate itself. I hope you look into it for next release

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just an update: the problem is not solved with 2.5.4 on SGS2. I thought i read somewhere on this forum that there's an updated version of the market in the rom.

I have a weird fix.
When I open my Skype through my market, then it converts market to the Play Store and stays that way... o_O

Can confirm after everyboot play atore rverts to market ... no matter what you do. Tried all methods mentioned in this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have a weird fix.
When I open my Skype through my market, then it converts market to the Play Store and stays that way... o_O

That's normal behaviour. Everytime you open your market for the first time, it begins to download the latest version and then automatically updates itself in the background.

A solution (got it from xda I think) that worked for me was to first delete phonesky.apk from /system/app. Then reinstall playstore and move the apk from /data/app to /system/app. I have rebooted several times after and have not seen it revert to an old version