Sgs2 2.5.11 - random crashes/reboots

Angelo

Members
Feb 18, 2012
Hello, this bug still persists both with miui and siyah kernels. Phone will randomly reboot or freeze....anyone else have this?

Sent from my GT-9100@MIUI 2.5.4/Siyah kernel

Had the freezing problem with 2.5.4 so reverted to 2.4.27. I didn't have the Siyah kernel installed then (just stock rooted) so looks like it's a problem with the rom.

What about 2.5.11?do u have it there?

Sent from my GT-9100@MIUI 2.5.4/Siyah kernel

Well I only used 2.5.11 for 5 mins before reverting back as notifications weren't coming through for go SMS.

No problems here about the called issue. No reboots, no other FC's only the known once.
You just have to use the CF-Root kernel and then install MiUI 2.5.11 again, with wiping everything and the problem
should be solved.

MiUI and Siyah looks like it's not fully 100% compatible.

Hi thanks for reply, could you be a bit more specific?link to the kernel you r talking about?

Sent from my GT-9100@MIUI 2.5.11/Siyah kernel

Hi thanks for reply, could you be a bit more specific?link to the kernel you r talking about?

First of all you need to know, or I need to know, what your current kernel is? Because CF root needs a specific
kernel file. Post the whole information under "kernel" and then I can give you a link to download.

Menu - Settings - About phone and scroll downstairs you'll see Kernel.

Don't have any random freezes/reboots here on my SGS2(with siyah 3.2.1). Did you use titaniumbackup perhaps to restore apps and settings? I've read a number of posts about ti backup causing problems after a restore.. Or maybe some of your apps that run in the background cause instability...

I've had some random FC's today. A couple happened when using spotify over the 3g network and one happened when my phone was in lockscreen. Missed a message because of it..

Make sure that you haven't undervolted your CPU too low. I exeperienced reboots/freezes then went to voltage settings and added 25mV to each frequency. Problem then went away.

First of all you need to know, or I need to know, what your current kernel is? Because CF root needs a specific
kernel file. Post the whole information under "kernel" and then I can give you a link to download.

Menu - Settings - About phone and scroll downstairs you'll see Kernel.

Right now I have Kernel Version: 3.0.31-siyah-v3.2.1+gm@gm-mint

Haven't done any undervolting or anything else. I've been using the stock miui I've gotten from miuiandroid.com.

Don't have any random freezes/reboots here on my SGS2(with siyah 3.2.1). Did you use titaniumbackup perhaps to restore apps and settings? I've read a number of posts about ti backup causing problems after a restore.. Or maybe some of your apps that run in the background cause instability...

Nop no titanium backup used

Make sure that you haven't undervolted your CPU too low. I exeperienced reboots/freezes then went to voltage settings and added 25mV to each frequency. Problem then went away.

I left the voltages default...what voltages are you using per frequency?

No random reboots, using default MIUI Kernel. Only problem with MIUI ROM i am facing is, battery timing is too short. Only gets 2hrs screen on time with 50% brightness and 3g on.

I get random reboots on 2.5.11 with MIUI kernel and I also did with the last couple of versions. It usually happens a short while after using the music player, spotify or other apps that use sound. It will either reboot on its own in my pocket, or when I try to unlock it. Sometimes it freezes while locked so I have to hold the power button for 10 seconds to reboot manually. It happens once or twice a day so it's getting pretty annoying.

If anyone can grab the logcat causing the reboots this would aid in greatly in reporting this. I don't have an SGS2 so I can't help in much in terms of reproducing this bug :/

Hi ibot...i will do it but i have no idea how...can you give me step by step guidance?ive never done it before.

Hi ibot...i will do it but i have no idea how...can you give me step by step guidance?ive never done it before.

Once a reboot happens. If you run
"adb logcat > log.txt" then
log.txt will have the logcat. Hopefully, the logcat will show the reboot. Or just plug your phone into the computer. Run "adb logcat >> log.txt" and do actions that you'll think will trigger the reboot / FC.

Then upload that log.txt to pastebin.

How do i run adb logcat on my phone?do i need an app? You have to be more specific Ibot cause I don't know where to go and run those commands

EDIT: I am not sure if I did it right...is this it?I used aLogcat application from Play Store after a crash/softreboot.
Also note that after this kind of reboots, some applications within folders in the launcher, show twice!

I/BootTime(11732): Fail Safe scanning for:/mnt/asec/com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2/pkg.apk
I/PackageManager(11732): ICS_DEBUG scanPackageLI entered com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
I/PackageManager(11732): ICS_DEBUG checking for com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
E/MTPRx (12841): file kieswifi.dat is not found
D/LauncherSettings(12010): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
D/ScreenUtils(12010): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair with [82]
D/AllAppsList(12010): Loaded application Kies air at (1, 0) of screen -1 under container 48
I/BootTime(14189): Fail Safe scanning for:/mnt/asec/com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2/pkg.apk
I/PackageManager(14189): ICS_DEBUG scanPackageLI entered com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
I/PackageManager(14189): ICS_DEBUG checking for com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
E/MTPRx (15338): file kieswifi.dat is not found
E/MTPRx (15338): file kieswifi.dat is not found
D/LauncherSettings(14436): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
D/ScreenUtils(14436): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair with [82]
D/AllAppsList(14436): Loaded application Kies air at (1, 0) of screen -1 under container 48
I/BootTime(16770): Fail Safe scanning for:/mnt/asec/com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2/pkg.apk
I/PackageManager(16770): ICS_DEBUG scanPackageLI entered com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
I/PackageManager(16770): ICS_DEBUG checking for com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
D/LauncherSettings(17021): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
D/ScreenUtils(17021): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair with [82]
D/AllAppsList(17021): Loaded application Kies air at (1, 0) of screen -1 under container 48
E/MTPRx (17898): file kieswifi.dat is not found
E/MTPRx (21364): file kieswifi.dat is not found
I/BootTime(20321): Fail Safe scanning for:/mnt/asec/com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2/pkg.apk
I/PackageManager(20321): ICS_DEBUG scanPackageLI entered com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
I/PackageManager(20321): ICS_DEBUG checking for com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
D/LauncherSettings(20599): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
D/ScreenUtils(20599): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair with [82]
D/AllAppsList(20599): Loaded application Kies air at (1, 0) of screen -1 under container 48
D/VoldCmdListener( 1774): CommandListener::AsecCmd::runCommand -> 'com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2'
D/MountService(23000): :::: getSecureContainerPath :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, id = com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2
D/VoldCmdListener( 1774): asec path com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
D/MountService(23000): :::: isSecureContainerMounted :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, id = com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2, ret = false
D/MountService(23000): :::: mountSecureContainer :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, id = com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2, ownerUid = 1000
D/VoldCmdListener( 1774): asec mount com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2 {} 1000 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
E/Vold ( 1774): ASEC com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2 already mounted
D/MountService(23000): :::: getSecureContainerPath :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, id = com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2
I/BootTime(23000): Fail Safe scanning for:/mnt/asec/com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2/pkg.apk
D/VoldCmdListener( 1774): asec path com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
I/PackageManager(23000): ICS_DEBUG scanPackageLI entered com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
I/PackageManager(23000): ICS_DEBUG checking for com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
D/MountService(23000): :::: isSecureContainerMounted :: path = /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, id = com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair-2, ret = true
W/PackageManager(23000): Unknown permission android.permission.READ_TASKS in package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
W/PackageManager(23000): Unknown permission android.permission.WRITE_TASKS in package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
D/LauncherSettings(23244): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair
D/ScreenUtils(23244): Updating home screen for package com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair with [82]
D/AllAppsList(23244): Loaded application Kies air at (1, 0) of screen -1 under container 48
E/MTPRx (24103): file kieswifi.dat is not found
V/BackupManagerService(23000): addPackageParticipantsLocked: com.samsung.swift.app.kiesair

Angelo,

which provider you got? and in which country you live? For that I can give you also the right CF root based (insecure) kernel.
Also better then Siyah with MiUI.

Just had another couple of reboots (after I had stopped listening to music with PlayerPro app) and this is the msg I got when I opened app "aLogcat" from play store:

E/MTPRx (12278): file kieswifi.dat is not found
E/MTPRx (14378): file kieswifi.dat is not found

Even though I have removed kies air I still get kies related errors...not sure if this is what causes the reboots

If anyone can grab the logcat causing the reboots this would aid in greatly in reporting this. I don't have an SGS2 so I can't help in much in terms of reproducing this bug :/
Here is a logcat that most definitly has the crash.

I had just stopped using spotify 10 minutes before it crashed. The last thing I did was set a timer for 12 minutes. Then I locked the device. When I tried to unlock it a few minutes later the lock screen had froze and the phone was getting very hot, and at that point I connected it to the computer and retrieved the logcat, surprisingly it was still able to do that even after it froze.

I hope you can take a look. Thanks!

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    166.4 KB · Views: 217