Share Your Unlock Experience.

I installed the CN version from en.miui.com. Then follow instructions from first page of xiaomi.eu .]

"Unlock your bootloader again on Mi4C, Mi4S, MiNotePRO
(check your bootloader status by command "fastboot oem device-info")
Install TWRP for 7.0 via fastboot "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img"

Xiaomi unlocked my phone the same day!
Then i installed the xiaomi.eu version and all good!
My bootloader is still unlocked and the TWRP works better and faster than before!
What version of CN did you install?
Installed from fastboot? Or updater app?

ok, now i got the libra_images_7.2.16_20170216.0000.00_7.0_cn (Xiaomi Mi 4c Latest China Developer Version Fastboot File) on and running in english, but i still can't unlock.

NamkY9

Maybe You already unlocked some Xiaomi smartphone in last 30days?

You can use Unlock official tool with same mi account only once in a 30day.

Last edited:
As always, xiaomi unlock system sucks so bad! Its pure garbage! A pile of horse s**t!

http://en.miui.com/thread-510085-1-1.html

Several users are facing the same problem! You apply to unlock and then you receive the SMS granting you permission to do so, but if try to use the unlock tool, it doesn't work! So you go to the unlock page and it says that you application has been rejected hahaha!

Seriously, xiaomi should just trash their whole unlock system and make a new one! I miss my old moto g when it comes to unlock the bootloader, with it i only had to do it once, then i was free!

Last edited:
Maybe You already unlocked some Xiaomi smartphone in last 30days?

You can use Unlock official tool with same mi account only once in a 30day.
nope, never did it before. I got the sms on Feb 13, and haven't applied any because i was waiting to be able to install the fixed nougart first version.

In these days I'm reading a lot of disasters, I think I'll remain all my life in my beloved Rom 8.1.3, I don't touch anything

Reactions: _Sal_
Author: MIUI Official TeamVersion: 7.2.16 (MIUI8) Size: 820M from updater, unlock, TWRP-fastboot,
xiaomi.eu: 7.2.16/17 from TWRP

Some observations...In the unlock procedure, the "weak point" is SMS Xiaomi step: long time to wait, block at 50%, etc. One day, can we hope to get a total "home made" procedure?

Reactions: _Sal_
I reapplied Saturday afternoon, some minutes later, I received the verification code by SMS. This morning, Monday, I got another SMS with the permission di unlock. I did everything described in their page, and I'm finally FREE!!!

pxE6ge

I reapplied Saturday afternoon, some minutes later, I received the verification code by SMS. This morning, Monday, I got another SMS with the permission di unlock. I did everything described in their page, and I'm finally FREE!!!

pxE6ge
With which rom did you unlocked the bootloader?

ops, sorry, forgot to write that :)
I had on the last cn version setup as english.
libra_images_7.2.16_20170216.0000.00_7.0_cn_2f67025e3f.tgz
while the unlock program version was:
MiFlashUnlock_1.1.0317.1_en.zip

ops, sorry, forgot to write that :)
I had on the last cn version setup as english.
libra_images_7.2.16_20170216.0000.00_7.0_cn_2f67025e3f.tgz
while the unlock program version was:
MiFlashUnlock_1.1.0317.1_en.zip
Ok, but with China rom we don't have Google store, and we will be full of that chinese apps. Did you install Google Store on CN 7.2.16 before you proceed with the unlock?

no, i kept the OS like it was. I only deleted all the Chinese apps that could be removed. Then i waited for the unlock permission that in my case took only 1 day (leaving out Sunday). Ah!!, I also logged in with my miui account on phone. Anyway, i don't think you can install google stuff without root access, that can be done only after unlock.

Reactions: RFontes
Hi today i managed to unlock my mi4c. It is realy easy but it is also easy to meshup your account.
I replied for the unlock on my 1st phone number and i received te approvall sms after 3 days.
When i started the unlock it failed at 50%. I decided to check my account and there was an field were i could enter my phone number. I decided to enter my 2nd (i don't no why) phone number. That was wrong to do, it meshed up my account because te sms was send to my 1st phone nr and in the account my 2nd nr was installed. I tryed to unlock and get the message Your device is't supported. After i set the right phone nr in my account i tried to unlock and receved the 50% error. I tried one hour later and it worrked fine and now my phone is unlocked.

Good luck for all of you that has problems.

ah, almost forgot, one more important thing to do after unlock and before you flash twrp is to upload to your phone, maybe in the download folder, the xiaomi.eu rom version you want to install.
I followed the instructions found on the download rom page of this site, and after flashing twrp, it auto reboots into twrp so, if you already have the xiaomi.eu rom on phone, you can install it right away.
I made a mistake because i tried to reboot from twrp into the cn rom version i had on phone, but i got stuck on boot, so, to avoid my same mistakes, i would suggest:
- unlock
- reboot into cn rom version you should already have on phone
- copy the xiaomi.eu rom version zip file on your phone in the download folder
- turn off phone and boot into fastboot mode
- install the twrp following instructions on the download ROM page (2 fastboot commands from console)
- when it reboots into twrp, first wipe -> advanced, check all boxes except internal storage and swipe bottom slider to clean
- go to install, find the xiaomi.eu rom proceed with installation
- when installation finish, clean again dalvik cache
- reboot system

Last edited:
Reactions: RFontes
ah, almost forgot, one more important thing to do after unlock and before you flash twrp is to upload to your phone, maybe in the download folder, the xiaomi.eu rom version you want to install.
I followed the instructions found on the download rom page of this site, and after flashing twrp, it auto reboots into twrp so, if you already have the xiaomi.eu rom on phone, you can install it right away.
I made a mistake because i tried to reboot from twrp into the cn rom version i had on phone, but i got stuck on boot, so, to avoid my same mistakes, i would suggest:
- unlock
- reboot into cn rom version you should already have on phone
- copy the xiaomi.eu rom version zip file on your phone in the download folder
- turn off phone and boot into fastboot mode
- install the twrp following instructions on the download ROM page (2 fastboot commands from console)
- when it reboots into twrp, first wipe -> advanced, check all boxes except sd card and swipe bottom slider to clean
- go to install, find the xiaomi.eu rom proceed with installation
- when installation finish, clean again dalvik cache
- reboot system
I'm with Xiaomi.eu 8.2.1.0 stable. I've received today the SMS with unlock permission. I'll install CN developer with miflash tool and proceed the unlock. Do I need to wipe "system" too when installing the Xiaomi.eu rom with twrp?