Share Your Unlock Experience.

Hello. I got unlock permission sms on monday and tried to unlock my mi4c every day with no success (50% error). I was able to give fastboot commands eg. oem device-info which means that connection was ok.
And finally this evening (saturday) it worked :) So it just takes time. 5 days for me.

Reactions: brvandoorn
Hello. I got unlock permission sms on monday and tried to unlock my mi4c every day with no success (50% error). I was able to give fastboot commands eg. oem device-info which means that connection was ok.
And finally this evening (saturday) it worked :) So it just takes time. 5 days for me.

Nice to hear that the unlock procedure worked. The waiting finally gets rewarded. Enjoy your upgraded device.
For all you desperate guys out there: install the right tools required for the unlock and keep trying. (5 days waiting seems average)

I tried today again, and nothing, so I installed CN MIUI ROM with edl/miflash method, and unlocked it at first attempt. After that I installed TWRP and latest EU ROM. It works fine. I'm having some gapps stoppings, but i'll handle that with ease. I hope so.

I unlocked my mi4c after 8 days. I not received second sms from Xiaomi but I managed to unlock my phone. In this days the unlock processing was stucked on 50 % error. Installed twrp recovery 3.0.3-0, SuperSU and i updated from v7.2.16 to v7.2.23 MIUI rom. All sems to be fine now, excepting Titanium Backup app wich doesn't open, not working everytime when i try to open it.

Best practice download same China ROM dev version as EU ROM for stability as they are based on same some. Don't forget to wipe davlik/cache and data leaving system partition only. This will wipe all unwanted apps prior to flashing EU ROM.

Flash China ROM vi MiFlash tool not the update.zip Method see OP. Unlock bootloader then flash twrp. You need to use to OTG cable with ROM on it.

Like said you don't need O permission to unlock bootloader on mi4c.

Have fun

Thank you. I have downloaded latest cn ROM, tried to install it from miui update, but the phone restarts with no changes. And another thing, after the restart, I can't find downloaded ROM in my storage. :D I have some experience using fastboot and edl, so I'll have to install this CN ROM, install 5.1 with unlocked bootloader, install twrp, update latest nougat, hopefully with no battery drain :D

Friday I applied for unlock permission, currently I'm on Miui 8.3 7.2.16 Beta Xiaomi.eu and today (at 3 am) I received the SMS....actually received 3 SMS's from Xiaomi with unlock permission. So I just downloaded miflash and started to read the FAQ. Long story short.....I just unlocked my phone without the 50% error from the first try.

Downloaded also from the FAQ section miflash_unlock-1.1.1111.11231., uninstalled old driver and reinstalled the driver (Win10 - 1607 gives error regarding the driver). Connected the phone to the pc, it showed unknown device, so went to C:\windows\inf folder and there found the wpdmtp.inf file and right clicked and installed. Then the phone was detected as mi4c. Enabled from developer options OEM Unlocking and USB debugging. Shotdown the phone and disconnected from pc. Started MiFlash and logged in, started the phone in fastboot mode (volume down+power), the phone was detected by Mi flash and unlocked it, without any problem.
Hope this helps.
unlock 2.jpg

I applied for unlock and got my unlock approval sms 1 week later during CNY (Chinese New Year) period. I was on china stable rom so i updated my phone to latest china dev rom. I tried to unlock but it wouldn't get past 50%. Some forums said i have a wait a week for the Xiaomi servers to update my version details. I waited 2 weeks and tried to unlock again last week, but now i got an error saying i don't have unlock approval. So I applied for unlock approval again and got my approval sms within a few days. I managed to unlock successfully today. After some nerve wrecking moments (phone stuck at Mi logo after installing TWRP), i finally managed to flash to xiaomi.eu stable rom an hour ago. :)

......uninstalled old driver and reinstalled the driver (Win10 - 1607 gives error regarding the driver). Connected the phone to the pc, it showed unknown device, so went to C:\windows\inf folder and there found the wpdmtp.inf file and right clicked and installed. View attachment 15378

Thanks tazyrazy,

could you please explain the steps with deinstalling and installing the drivers a bit more in details. Im not 100 % sure if i know how to do it.
I got the same 50 % problem... :-(

Thanks, schoeny

Hi guys!

I have a problem and I can not find solution...
I have a Mi4C that came with reseller's ROM and LOCKED bootloader.
I got permission to unlock but I have to have official ROM running at my phone in order to be able to unlock it.
How to do it? Please help, I'm really hopeless. :(

What happens if you use unlock tool? Eu ROM is also not official and I was able to unlock it after 5 days waiting.