Share Your Unlock Experience.

wolfanger

Members
Jan 11, 2016
Ok i am stuck @ "couldnt verify device" error.
I asked for unlocking permission. I am running eu rom with nougat on my mi 4c (first one, the one with huge battery drain, almost unusable) . After sms approval, downloading mi unlock app, rebooting phone in fastboot ( after oem unlock enabled such as developer usb in developer mode) i cannot go further than 50% as you see in the screenshot.
I tried loggin in with both telephone number and mail, tried locating phone with micloud, nothing.
miunlock.png

I read in many tutorial that is normal , i am quoting, "waiting for few more days until your device information gets updated on the Mi servers.¨ Seriously? XD

I have the same problem.
I try with two mi account where I have unlock accepted, with same effect.

Do you think that after downgrading to miui with no unlock via edl and after flashing a nougat compatible twrp is possible tu flash last xiaomi.eu rom 7.0 ?

I found some instruction on polish forum but i didnt try it yet. Im doing now backup.

1 Do factory reset

2 Do not set any settings after reboot

3 In developer settings turn on OEM Unlock and debbuging

4 Reboot

5 Set up WI-FI and xiaomi account with all settings enabled

6 Go to developers settings and MI Unlock status.Click on "add account and device"

7 Try now unlock with Mi flash unlock and fastboot

I asked in english miui forum and a super moderator answered me with :
"Please wait for 5 more days before trying to unlock."
-.-

I asked in english miui forum and a super moderator answered me with :
"Please wait for 5 more days before trying to unlock."
-.-

This happens because the information needs time to update in the xiaomi servers! It's not instant! So you will need to wait a couple of days before using the official unlock tool! In other words, this problem happens when the phone information(rom version, build and etc) hasn't been updated yet on the xiaomi servers, so you have one thing on your phone but the servers think that you have something else, that's why they give you "the difference account error" when unlocking.

Do you think that after downgrading to miui with no unlock via edl and after flashing a nougat compatible twrp is possible tu flash last xiaomi.eu rom 7.0 ?

Yes, for the downgrading and using edl to unlock your bootloader part, you will be able to unlock your phone without issues! But the twrp part i'm not sure, because idk if the twrp made for nougat is compatible with older versions of android and miui.

Without unlocking thru official unlock app? no

You clearly don't know anything about using edl mode and an older version of miui to unlock your bootloader without using the official unlock tool do you?

Last edited:
Reactions: wolfanger
This happens because the information needs time to update in the xiaomi servers! It's not instant! So you will need to wait a couple of days before using the official unlock tool! In other words, this problem happens when the phone information(rom version, build and etc) hasn't been updated yet on the xiaomi servers, so you have one thing on your phone but the servers think that you have something else, that's why they give you "the difference account error" when unlocking.
I need a working phone so I downgraded, unlocked bootloader and flashed just for trying Aicp, working fine, just camera has a not so good quality. I thank Xiaomi.eu dev, love their work but as i said i needed a working rom. When I will have time and i will read about a more stable Miui dev rom I'll flash for sure.

Last edited:
You clearly don't know anything about using edl mode and an older version of miui to unlock your bootloader without using the official unlock tool do you?

edl mode is familiar for me and I write "Without unlocking thru official unlock app? no" because i was thinking about locking Bootloader again. Maybe I misunderstood him. My bad.

same here, i just got stuck in 50% after 1-2 day after sms approval
but some say i have to wait 6-10 more day to unlock again

now i am wait

I just applied for unlock, waited for the sms, updated to 7.0, ran the tool and it worked fine. Do you have fastboot running?

I also just got the sms from xiaomi that the application was approved to unlock but i'm getting the same message: couldn't verify device. this is stupid, i logged in to i.miui.com .. the device is connected, also the locate device works, but i can't unlock...

I also just got the sms from xiaomi that the application was approved to unlock but i'm getting the same message: couldn't verify device. this is stupid, i logged in to i.miui.com .. the device is connected, also the locate device works, but i can't unlock...

Again... This happens because the information needs time to update in the xiaomi servers! It's not instant! So you will need to wait a couple of days before using the official unlock tool! In other words, this problem happens when the phone information(rom version, build and etc) hasn't been updated yet on the xiaomi servers, so you have one thing on your phone but the servers think that you have something else, that's why they give you "the difference account error" when unlocking.

Reactions: wolfanger
Again... This happens because the information needs time to update in the xiaomi servers! It's not instant! So you will need to wait a couple of days before using the official unlock tool! In other words, this problem happens when the phone information(rom version, build and etc) hasn't been updated yet on the xiaomi servers, so you have one thing on your phone but the servers think that you have something else, that's why they give you "the difference account error" when unlocking.
ok, thank you! :) i will try again in a few days.

Btw, will the bootloader get locked after every weekly update? as i read you can only unlock your device once in 30 days with official unlock tool.

Reactions: PeTiT
Somebody tried to unlock bootloader after clean install china dev 7.2.9 with miflash?

Last edited:
Somebody tried to unlock bootloader after clean install china dev 7.2.9 with miflash?

Do you mean unlock it using the official tool or using edl?

I did this back then with beta 7.1.4 and i unlock it with edl because there were several bugs and i don't like the chinese rom, so i flashed 7.1.4 just out of curiosity back then! After some tests i used edl to unlock the bootloader and i had no problems doing so! And when 7.2.9 got released, i flashed the xiaomi.eu version and again used edl to unlock it! But i flashed 7.2.9 using twrp since its a xiaomi.eu rom! But others users have reported that they are able to unlock it using the official tool! In nougat you even have a new option in developer menu called "OEM Unlocking" that's suppose to help you unlock your phone using the official tool!

Last edited:
did you discover something about?
no but i think it will be locked on every update, anyone else with successful unlock using official unlocker? if so, can i know how long did you need to wait after you received sms with approval to unlock your device?

Does anyone can see the mi unlock status option in the developer settings? I can only see the enable oem unlock option but the other one with Unlock status it not shows there even if i activated oem unlock option.