New Sign In To Existing Mi Account Is Stuck On "checking Find Device Status"

MaorK

Members
Feb 24, 2016
I can't sign in to my mi account because of this, and this is not the only issue - the device is seriously lagging. The screen freezes every few seconds even now as I am writing this text.

I flashed 6.2.18 using sp flashtool since my bootloader is still locked. I had the same issues when updated to 6.1.29 so I just rolled back to 6.1.21 but it's very annoying to restore all my data every time..
I don't see anyone having these issues so what is so special about my Redmi Note 3?
thoughts anyone?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-24-07-47-45_com.xiaomi.account.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-24-07-47-45_com.xiaomi.account.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,911
Have a same problem with this. I'm now living in Beijing, China, and also trying to log-in Mi account but also has a problem about "Checking Find Device Status...."

Attachments

• 576135116762571353.png
    576135116762571353.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,075
Have a same problem with this. I'm now living in Beijing, China, and also trying to log-in Mi account but also has a problem about "Checking Find Device Status...."

No one helped me with this issue, the only solution I found was to flash another rom (including wipe user data). It's annoying but the only thing that helped me. Both times it happened to me - the rom itself was defective and I had other issues such as lags as well..

I have the same issue with a ported rom from RM Note 3G (lch_wet).
Tried several ROMs and nothing works...
I will try to go really backwards...

I have exacty the same issue:
de3d002256867c6d5155458bc271fb2e.jpg

Updating from 5.11.21 to 6.4.16 or 6.4.22.
Is there any 6.xx version that wont have this issue?

EDIT#################

Also tested version 6.3.18 with the same result...

Thanks

Last edited:
Currently the only solution is to flash an older Rom, 6.1.28 did the work for me.... and then update to the version you like, using the updated...

have the same problem.
I have tried older ROMS, ex. 7.1.6 stable, it work and turn off FIND DEVICE in MI CLOUD APP on my device. And I can't turn on FIND DEVICE any longer.
Then, I up to the latest ROM 7.3.1. I still can't sign in to my MI acc because "Checking Find device status" is failed.
Very boring. Any solution?

Because I am new I can not post links so:
Hi, according to a discussion on miui forum:

The device check comes with the missing of the imei of your phone. This can happen if you flash with other options then "Download only".

Search google and miui forum with tag like REDMI NOTE 3 change Mac Address or Imei

After reboot phone, goto MI account, let it finish searching, then tap "Try again", and then you can input your account..

Last edited: