Skip tracks by volume buttons and battery as strip above the status bar

mark99

Members
Mar 10, 2020
I recently bought poco f3, installed the latest weekly miui13 xiaomi.eu firmware and the first thing I found was the lack of application search as it was in miui12 (android 9). but this is not a problem, now there are still a couple of useful functions that I used to use, but now I can't find them:
- switching tracks with long press volume buttons on the off screen. I had this useful function on miui12 and I can't find it in the current firmware. third-party applications (such as button mapper) either do not work at all, or work extremely unstable. I would really like this feature as part of the firmware
- displaying the battery as a strip above the status bar. I found an analog of the function in gplay, I don't need any animations, but it also has a drawback: rounding up miui windows eats up part of the useful indicator, I also think it consumes some energy. I would also like to see similar functionality as part of the firmware
thanks

- Was already answered: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/22-1-19-22.64717/post-648649
- Can't remember it being a native MIUI function, but if you can't find it then it's no longer a feature. In fact long press volume-down button is used for Quick snap.
- Was officially removed long ago.
1. regarding the search, I pointed out that I made a search application myself, which may be useful for other firmware users:
With this, it is generally unclear how to remove the functionality that people probably use, and offer it in replacement... nothing
probably this is a question for xiaomi?
2. there is no such function natively, but it is in some unofficial firmware (for example, miroom), I would like to see it in xiaomi.eu maybe you have plans for its implementation. I don't know what "Quick snap" is, but I know for sure that existing third-party applications don't work (which I wrote in the message)
3. Why was it removed?

1. regarding the search, I pointed out that I made a search application myself, which may be useful for other firmware users:
With this, it is generally unclear how to remove the functionality that people probably use, and offer it in replacement... nothing
probably this is a question for xiaomi?
2. there is no such function natively, but it is in some unofficial firmware (for example, miroom), I would like to see it in xiaomi.eu maybe you have plans for its implementation. I don't know what "Quick snap" is, but I know for sure that existing third-party applications don't work (which I wrote in the message)
3. Why was it removed?
1. Global ROM uses Google app. China ROM has a Search app, but like I said in that linked post, it's not usable for us, everything you'll see there when searching something is entirely online content. I don't understand your question.
2. If it's not our feature or official MIUI feature, then why even mention this? No, we don't take requests.
3. Ask Xiaomi, wasn't our feature.