Skip weekly updates for a period of time

Apr 5, 2012
Hey.
Just ordered myself a Xiaomi mi2s.
Therefore, I wonder if it is possible to skip updates, without risking problems with my handset.
For example, if I skip 10 weekly updates, then install most recent rom via OTA or Updater APP. What can happen?

Cannot wait to receive my new Xiaomi;)

Jul 7, 2013
Hey.
Just ordered myself a Xiaomi mi2s.
Therefore, I wonder if it is possible to skip updates, without risking problems with my handset.
For example, if I skip 10 weekly updates, then install most recent rom via OTA or Updater APP. What can happen?

Cannot wait to receive my new Xiaomi;)
You can choose not to update if you dont want to :), just ignore update notification from updater :D

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

May 11, 2013
The very worst thing that could happen, and is not that much likely to happen, is that you will need to make a factory reset. But, again, 99% of the times everuthing will work ok.

Feb 6, 2014
for me, if i missed so many OTA updates, i prefer download the FULL recent rom. that way, i will get all the changelog in 1 direct download and update.

Apr 8, 2013
for me, if i missed so many OTA updates, i prefer download the FULL recent rom. that way, i will get all the changelog in 1 direct download and update.
OTA IS the full recent rom.

I just choose to download the rom manually because OTA is usually really slow.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Feb 6, 2014
OTA IS the full recent rom.

I just choose to download the rom manually because OTA is usually really slow.

normally OTA is only partial/incremental and not full. on my phone, the OTA updater only detects my current version of OS then it will download the incremental upgrade. so i assume this is not the full rom. like you have said, if i want the full rom, i will download it manually, since i can not get full rom via OTA.

Apr 8, 2013
If it's only partial, then why is the ota rom the same filesize as the full rom?

You are making me doubt myself now, but I thought ota was full rom with a different filenaming as in current version -> new version.

Feb 6, 2014
If it's only partial, then why is the ota rom the same filesize as the full rom?

You are making me doubt myself now, but I thought ota was full rom with a different filenaming as in current version -> new version.

sorry if i am wrong. i am not quite sure, since i used the OTA updater long time ago. at that time, i belief that i only downloaded a small part and it didn't need long time to download. but now i don't use OTA since i use WIUI and not MIUI.
edit: the full rom should be around 300+ MB of size.