Sleep time to never is removed?

Volubal

Members
Oct 3, 2018
Hi all,

I have noticed a missing feature that I was using from the past update. I can't choose the "Never option" for the sleep time, which was a feature I used a lot.

The thing is, I don't know if it's in purpose or not (that's why I didn't post it in the "Bug" section).

I run Miui 10 v8.9.20 and I wonder if it exist a way to go back to the "never" option instead of the "10 minutes max".

Right now, I'm using application like "Stay Alive!" or "Keep Screen", but I found a little stupid to see this option goes away.

Thanks for your answer!

Best Regards,

Hi all,

I have noticed a missing feature that I was using from the past update. I can't choose the "Never option" for the sleep time, which was a feature I used a lot.

The thing is, I don't know if it's in purpose or not (that's why I didn't post it in the "Bug" section).

I run Miui 10 v8.9.20 and I wonder if it exist a way to go back to the "never" option instead of the "10 minutes max".

Right now, I'm using application like "Stay Alive!" or "Keep Screen", but I found a little stupid to see this option goes away.

Thanks for your answer!

Best Regards,

??
I still have the "never"option in my 3 devices running eu 8.9.20.

Are you running the eu rom, or official China?
What device?

??
I still have the "never"option in my 3 devices running eu 8.9.20.

Are you running the eu rom, or official China?
What device?

I have a Mi8 with the ROM Eu (the one on this website) v 8.9.20, I don't have the "Never" ("Jamais" in French) option anymore for the Sleep option under "LockScreen & Password" (my usage is : the phone don't lock and keep the screen on until I use the lateral button to lock it) :

Screenshot_2018-10-03-21-53-01-356_com.android.settings.png

I have a Mi8 with the ROM Eu (the one on this website) v 8.9.20, I don't have the "Never" ("Jamais" in French) option anymore for the Sleep option under "LockScreen & Password" (my usage is : the phone don't lock and keep the screen on until I use the lateral button to lock it) :

View attachment 21150

Does the "never" option appear if you change system language to English?
If so it is a French translation problem.

Otherwise you should report this as a bug, for Mi8 only apparently.

I have the "never" option on Mi Note 2, Mi Mix1, and Mi Max1, all on EU 8.9.20.

On my Mi Note 3 ("Jason"), the "never"/"jamais" option is present, both in English and in French. Appears to be a bug specific to Mi8, rather than an intentional change in the new ROM.

On my Mi Note 3 ("Jason"), the "never"/"jamais" option is present, both in English and in French. Appears to be a bug specific to Mi8, rather than an intentional change in the new ROM.

You're right, I have other model of Xiaomi phone (like a Redmi 4A) with the same version and I did have the "Never" option. Well, time to write my first bug report!