Smart Space Heater S - Critical Issue

One customer has been lost.
I'm still waiting for the...miracle...

My unit was returned yesterday... waiting for the seller feedback and see if they have a working unit (or can fix this one) or if it will be a refund.. I hope is a working unit since I really like the WIFI capabilities...

Me too. I've reported the situation both to the seller and Xiaomi. no answer until now. I've bought those little sensors to integrade with the automation. right now, it works fine if the automation is based on the external sensor. But this only starts and stops the heater. It cant manage temperature or power, so it works always at 2200W.

View attachment 33757

As you see, target is 18º... he starts once the temperature is lower then 18. and it wont stop. until the automation set's it to off, once the temperature reach 20º.

Can you post a link to those sensors?

I did send back my unit too. I'm pretty much unsatisfied with the way how Xiaomi handle all this. (spoiler: They did nothing. Not even a statement.)

Hello. I tried automation with xiaomi bluetooth temperature/humidity sensors but they are not refreshing often enough to be viable option for controling the heater. If I set them to stop the heater at 21 degrees, a at one point I am seeing that they are showing 22 degrees on their display and 20.8 degrees in the app. Just later on at some point the data in the app is refreshed and the heater turns off.

I got exactly the same problem, i'll be sending mine back aswell to see what they do...

Hello all,

I'm here with the same "bugs" with my Heater. The missing option "power mode" on MI Home App, the heater on always on, the temperature difference, etc.

It's really annoying those bugs on such cool item. :(

Hello all,

I'm here with the same "bugs" with my Heater. The missing option "power mode" on MI Home App, the heater on always on, the temperature difference, etc.

It's really annoying those bugs on such cool item. :(
The worst thing is that from Xiaomi do nothing about this. Send back your unit rapidly.

Does anyone knows if I can use something like the Temp sensor NUN4126GL to manage the heater (since it's own sensor is pretty much useless) it over the Mi Home app.. or is this one of those devices that I need to connect to a gateway first?

Bought mine yesterday, has the same issue. I will return the unit to the seller for a refund!

After some tests I think the difference between the cold air (floor level) and Hot air (high level) causes the variation. When the heater is on standby mode uses another sensor to the "ambience temperature"

My cold air was around 15°C

Near the heater was around 18°C (Heater set to 20°C)

Upper level was around 22-23°C

I think maybe its assume something like "if the entrance air is not 20°C I need to keep going"

I going to test with an external heat in the same room with my Xiaomi Heater if all air can be on 20°C.

After some tests I think the difference between the cold air (floor level) and Hot air (high level) causes the variation. When the heater is on standby mode uses another sensor to the "ambience temperature"

My cold air was around 15°C

Near the heater was around 18°C (Heater set to 20°C)

Upper level was around 22-23°C

I think maybe its assume something like "if the entrance air is not 20°C I need to keep going"

I going to test with an external heat in the same room with my Xiaomi Heater if all air can be on 20°C.

I was just testing that myself.. and you might have something there.. I also measure on the ground and the temp that I got from the sensor was pretty much the same the app show me.. even tho, another sensor at eye level was around 3deg hotter.. So I moved the heater to a table and the temp I got on the app and on the external sensor reduced to a margin of 1deg.. So the sensor must be on the lower part of the heater.. and since hot air goes up, and cold down, until all the cold reaches the defined temp, it wont reduce the power.. and that, well.. might never happen when you just want the minimum 18deg setting.. or unless you have top notch thermal isolation.. I guess.

Reactions: RPSouto
I was just testing that myself.. and you might have something there.. I also measure on the ground and the temp that I got from the sensor was pretty much the same the app show me.. even tho, another sensor at eye level was around 3deg hotter.. So I moved the heater to a table and the temp I got on the app and on the external sensor reduced to a margin of 1deg.. So the sensor must be on the lower part of the heater.. and since hot air goes up, and cold down, until all the cold reaches the defined temp, it wont reduce the power.. and that, well.. might never happen when you just want the minimum 18deg setting.. or unless you have top notch thermal isolation.. I guess.

I think is something around that. When I turn the heater off it shows high temperature right? If I put the other sensor hight it gets pretty close temperature just like the heater on standby.

The only test I need to do is using another heater (gas) to try to get even more heat, just to see if the Heater reaches the desired temperature and go to low power.

How can you get the temperature reading from heater sensor?

I made a simple test with a external thermometer to measure the room temperature and a wattmeter to measure power being consumed by the heater.

Had the room at 15ºC (Heater off), set the heater to 18ºC and turned on the heater. Heater started consuming around 1200W, and the temperatures climbed to around 22.5ºC after 1h30min. During this time the watt consumption was constant at around 1200W.

Then, using the app, I changed the temperature to 28ºC, the heater jumped to around 2200W, 5 seconds later I changed back the temperature to 18ºC and the heater went down to around 900W (the room temperature was still around 22.5ºC).

The heater seems to only adjust the power consumption when the temperature limit changes (similar to other posts in this topic), and never turns off completely even if the room temperature is above the limit.

How can you get the temperature reading from heater sensor?

You can see it on the Mi Home App.. If you click on the temp that shows on the room where you have your heater defined it should show the temp that the device is sending to the app

Then, using the app, I changed the temperature to 28ºC, the heater jumped to around 2200W, 5 seconds later I changed back the temperature to 18ºC and the heater went down to around 900W (the room temperature was still around 22.5ºC).

The heater seems to only adjust the power consumption when the temperature limit changes (similar to other posts in this topic), and never turns off completely even if the room temperature is above the limit.

Yes, seems like the internal sensor while working only serves to have info on the app. But only when you adjust the defined temp is when he adjusts the power consumption.. and not automatically as in the product description.

Can you post a link to those sensors?

These are BLE sensor that can integrate with a hub/gateway. I'm using Mi Home for the automation. Home Assistance, as it has no support for now, it's only monitoring the heater.

Last edited:
View attachment 33920
These are BLE sensor that can integrate with a hub/gateway. I'm using Mi Home for the automation. Home Assistance, as it has no support for now, it's only monitoring the heater.

I have one of those sensors, can you tell us what hub do you use to integrate it?