Smart Space Heater S - Critical Issue

I have the latest firmware and lastest official app and nothing has been fixed.
I put 18º and the heater heats the room to 22º or 23º without turning off and continues on at 800w.
When I have had it at 20º I have reached almost 25º in the room and it has not turned off.

A little off-topic from the firmware issue itself, but has anyone been able to add this heater to Alexa?
I've been trying to get it to work with Alexa but I've not been able to add it, it doesn't detect it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I am now having 2x Smartmi Smart Convector 1S and I experience exactly the same. Although the device is working like a charm, the only thing that is completely off is that temperature control. May I ask what latest firmware you are all having? I believe these devices work on the same firware.

Hi guys,

I am now having 2x Smartmi Smart Convector 1S and I experience exactly the same. Although the device is working like a charm, the only thing that is completely off is that temperature control. May I ask what latest firmware you are all having? I believe these devices work on the same firware.
As I know the latest firmware is 2.0.8.0005

Is there a way to see the sensor/current temperature value in the app ? It shows only Cool, Comfort

Is there a way to see the sensor/current temperature value in the app ? It shows only Cool, Comfort
93e268768c3e1c9f9203ec1887751e08.jpg

Is it possible to see here the target temperature ? In my version shows cool/comfort instead of the actual value
Pay attention! It's not the heater screen, it's the devices screen.

Pay attention! It's not the heater screen, it's the devices screen.

Yes, I can see there the heater temperature but the problem is I can choose only one device as temperature source in environment info settings

Yes, I can see there the heater temperature but the problem is I can choose only one device as temperature source in environment info settings
It's not the device temperature, it's the room temperature sensor. Which is what you initially asked.
I don't have multiple devices so I don't think I know what you mean or that I can help with that. But I imagine that that one sensor will regulate multiple heaters in the same room for the temperature you set.

Have the newer model 1S with latest firmware and official MiHome app.
Testing experience at a 30m2 living room, starting at 15°C:
- With target temp at 20°C heater is consuming 2100W;
- Reached target temp aprox after 2h and heater didn't turn off, only lowered consumption to 1100W and never passed the target temperature;
- Maintaining the room temp, I have to lower the target temp until 16°C in order to heater turns off completely;
- Imediatley raised target temp to 19°C and heater maintains 860W consumption, if go to 20°C raises again to 1100W...
This means heater doesn't turn off automatically and it seems that only adjusts its power consumption to the lowest by regulating target temp, and only after have reached it... Same result by adjusting on the panel or in the app, by the way.
Later I will test total consumption in an average day use, with this "constant power" heater auto management Vs auto off/on automation management - already tried heater off above 19°C and heater on below 18°C, this way it keeps on standby for 40min and then keeps running for 25/28min until stops again.

already tried heater off above 19°C and heater on below 18°C, this way it keeps on standby for 40min and then keeps running for 25/28min until stops again.
I didn't knew I could use automation on a single device like this. I was already trying to get it to work with my external thermometers. My device is saying it's 15 degrees while my thermometer says 19. Maybe if I try an offset of ±4 degrees celcius.. I could get it to start working on holding my desired temperature. I'll give it a go as well!

Last edited:
I didn't knew I could use automation on a single device like this. I was already trying to get it to work with my external thermometers. My device is saying it's 15 degrees while my thermometer says 19. Maybe if I try an offset of ±4 degrees celcius.. I could get it to start working on holding my desired temperature. I'll give it a go as well!
Yep. Since this one has temp sensor, you can use automation rules based on the device itself.
I also have a Xiaomi Bluetooth thermometer and has a difference of -1,5°C compared to the heater temp sensor.
Will have to perform some tests but don't know for sure if this "auto off" method will be more economic than the auto management in "constant power" mode...
In my previous tests I've adjusted the heater to "auto off" at 19,5/20°C, then makes a 40min break until room temperature goes down to 17,5/18°C and heater "auto on" to keep running for ~25min until reaches again19,5/20°C, and so on;
Theoretically in this way heater is consuming about 875W per hour (2100W working 25min) and in constant mode it should consume 860W! The thing is that I only was able to get this low 860W consume with the above described method of adjusting target temp... Will have to perform some more tests, but I think that won't get this low wattage automatically and so, what method is the more economic.

Have the newer model 1S with latest firmware and official MiHome app.
Testing experience at a 30m2 living room, starting at 15°C:
- With target temp at 20°C heater is consuming 2100W;
- Reached target temp aprox after 2h and heater didn't turn off, only lowered consumption to 1100W and never passed the target temperature;
- Maintaining the room temp, I have to lower the target temp until 16°C in order to heater turns off completely;
- Imediatley raised target temp to 19°C and heater maintains 860W consumption, if go to 20°C raises again to 1100W...
This means heater doesn't turn off automatically and it seems that only adjusts its power consumption to the lowest by regulating target temp, and only after have reached it... Same result by adjusting on the panel or in the app, by the way.
Later I will test total consumption in an average day use, with this "constant power" heater auto management Vs auto off/on automation management - already tried heater off above 19°C and heater on below 18°C, this way it keeps on standby for 40min and then keeps running for 25/28min until stops again.
Hello, could you please explain how does constant power mode work? Is it possible that we can fix the power? How can it be done?

Thank you very much

Hello, could you please explain how does constant power mode work? Is it possible that we can fix the power? How can it be done?

Thank you very much
In my experience, constant power mode doesn't work very well and it's not efficient;
Heater power consumption only goes down to minimum 860W if you follow steps I described above.
The optimum use of the heater is using automation and setting a target temp to goes On and another one to goes Off.
I.e. I have target temp 25°C, then an automation rule to goes Off at higher than 23°C and a another one to goes On at lower than 21°C.
This way heater consume aprox 2000W for 30min until it stops at 23°C, then rests Off for an hour, until it reaches lower than 21°C and start working again

Reactions: joselito.fb
Year 2023 and the problem is exactly the same...

I have two of those, both upgraded to firmware # 2.0.8.0005.
Once turned on, it burns at 2kWh for a few minutes, then it goes down to around ~800W.
And then it never turns off, regardless of the setting.
The room is boiling at 23 degrees, while the heater's thermostat shows 18 degrees (in the Xiaomi Home app).
Once I turn it off manually, the temperature in the app suddenly jumps from 19 to 23.
Go figure...

Tried to regulate by creating two Smart Scenes - one to turn on and one to turn off. It turns on correctly when the temperature drops below the one I set (18 degrees). Once on, the temperature is frozen at 18 degrees and it never satisfies the second Smart Scene (in which it should turn off once the temperature exceeds 21 degrees). Even though the actual ambient temperature is well over 21 degrees (measured with another standalone thermometer).

It's truly ridiculous how much trouble I have to go through, just to make my "smart" heater do the very same thing that an ordinary dumb convection heater does out of the box!