SMS Application - Stop icon notification

PureLoneWolf

Members
Feb 4, 2011
Hi all

Despite my missing a very obvious fix for a problem yesterday, I have another one that I suspect may be stupidly easy, but I cannot for the life of me find the option anywhere.

I have decided to use Handcent for SMS and everything is fine, but I would like to keep the MIUI SMS application on the phone...just in case something goes wrong with Handcent in the future.

That leaves me with minor irritation. Even though I have disabled notifications completely within the MIUI app, its icon still shows that I have a message...so I deal with everything in Handcent and then have to launch the MIUI app to clear the message...can this be disabled somewhere?

Many thanks

Just a fyi..you cant delete the Mms.apk just because you use handcent or txting won't work..

I don't believe there is an option for what you're talking about..You're referring to the app icon right? If you don't use the default txting app why not just hide its icon in a junk folder or something?

Good to know, thanks, although I would have taken a Nandroid to be safe :D

The issue is that, whatever folder I put it in, the notification appears on the app icon and therefore the folder and the only way to clear it is to open the MIUI SMS app. It's not the end of the world, but it is a pain in the a$$. If I could hide apps or stop the notification, that would be great.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the fact that the smilies are mapped wrong, I would happily use the stock SMS app.

Thanks

Hi, just a thought, but you could freeze this app with titanium backup and it can easily be restored if required.

The same thing really bugs me too!

I also had the idea of freezing with Titanium, but when I did that I stopped recieving messages altogether, so had to defrost again.

As a side note, I really wish we could customise the stock MIUI lockscreen so that we could use a different SMS app. I use Chomp as the notifications are far better than stock SMS app, other than that the stock is really cool.