Snapdragon 8s Question

qu4k3r

Members
Aug 16, 2021
Hi everyone. I recall reading somewhere in this site that xiaomi.eu roms are only for SD processors. Does anyone know what the new "8s" processors are, and if they will be supported by this community? I came across the Redmi Turbo 3 that has a Snapdragon 8s Gen 3 processor. It seems like a decent phone with a very good price. Any info would be welcomed - thanks in advance.

Please note that I am not asking for a ROM for this device. This is just a technology question.

Reactions: Sajmon
i think it should be supported

"
  • Is a standard phone (not a foldable or a tablet).
  • Is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC.
  • Has an ARM64 (64-bit) operating system.
  • Has a display resolution of 1080p or higher.
  • Has an official MIUI China/Global ROM (excluding regional ROMs like EEA, IN, JP, etc.)"

according to gsmarena the redmi turbo 3 has a resolution of 1220 x 2712 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~446 ppi density)

but knowing that the Redmi Note 13 Pro/Poco X6 5G has it too (1220 x 2712 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~446 ppi density)) and is powered by Snapdragon 7s Gen 2
it is very most likely it will be.

I would recommend to wait though.
the Redmi Turbo 3 will probably come out globally as the Poco F6, same rom but if its on stock global ROM you will be able to unlock the bootloader easier.

If you get the Redmi Turbo 3 that comes with stock china rom it will be hard/impossible to unlock it for free, you need to go an unofficial route for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sajmon and qu4k3r
Thanks @xMarvin732 ! Great answer that will help me make a decision. It is currently at a local store for $240 USD unlocked, and I'm thinking it would make a good replacement for my Poco F3. I've gotten used to the custom roms from this site and I really appreciate the team's hard work and want to continue it onto the new phone I choose. :)

I am also interested in this phone for a family member. But if it is as you say @xMarvin732 then I will also wait for the international release. Any info on when that happens?

Thank you!