So I'm conflicted between getting the Xiaomi 13Ultra Global Version.

mrronjozi

Members
Oct 13, 2023
So please I need the gurus in this field to answer this.

I want to buy the Xiaomi 13 ultra global rom on Aliexpress but the sellers aren't giving me straight forward answer. I'm aware they'll unlock bootloader and flash the global rom but then I asked. When an update to the rom comes will I have to manually flash it or is it something that will update over the air. They said it accepts ota. Also what games don't play on the global rom of Xiaomi 13 Ultra?

In general what are the limitations or disadvantages I might face using the global rom so I can know whether to just stick with the Chinese version and bear with all the bloatwares or stick with the global rom if the disadvantages isn't severe

So please I need the gurus in this field to answer this.

I want to buy the Xiaomi 13 ultra global rom on Aliexpress but the sellers aren't giving me straight forward answer. I'm aware they'll unlock bootloader and flash the global rom but then I asked. When an update to the rom comes will I have to manually flash it or is it something that will update over the air. They said it accepts ota. Also what games don't play on the global rom of Xiaomi 13 Ultra?

In general what are the limitations or disadvantages I might face using the global rom so I can know whether to just stick with the Chinese version and bear with all the bloatwares or stick with the global rom if the disadvantages isn't severe
Buy the device from wondamobile.com or giztop.com.
No import fees and used both loads of times.

mrronjozi

Chinese devices with Global ROM:
- bootloader must remain unlocked = non-functional payments via NFC (GPay), non-functional banking applications.
On Chinese device, it is better for you to use xiaomi.eu ROM.

Chinese devices with Global ROM:
- bootloader must remain unlocked = non-functional payments via NFC (GPay), non-functional banking applications.
On Chinese device, it is better for you to use xiaomi.eu ROM.
I think that's what the sellers on Aliexpress are flashing after unlocking bootloader. But hope once using the xiaomi.eu Global Rom. I don't need to flash another once MIUI 15 is out. It will be updated via ota without me having to use a pc to do anything cuz that's definitely beyond me. I have a pc but I dunno how.

Reactions: gary toman
I guess we don't understand each other. Global ROM and xiaomi.eu ROM are different worlds.
- Global ROM je oficiální ROM - if it is installed on the Chinese version of the device, the services I described in the previous post will not work for you.
- xiaomi.eu ROM is a modified MIUI for use in the EU by a group of enthusiasts that is built on a Chinese ROM - the services I described in the previous post will work for you.

Last edited:
I guess we don't understand each other. Global ROM and xiaomi.eu ROM are different worlds.
- Global ROM je oficiální ROM - if it is installed on the Chinese version of the device, the services I described in the previous post will not work for you.
- xiaomi.eu ROM is a modified MIUI for use in the EU by a group of enthusiasts that is built on a Chinese ROM - the services I described in the previous post will work for you.

I think I understand you. So if I get the global rom version asides those stuffs not working any other concerns. Is the Global rom Google play certified.

If you're a gamer what games don't work on the global rom or xiaomi.eu rom from your experience.

Thanks for your prompt replies always.

Sadly I'm not a king in root neither do I even understand this as I could end up bricking my device beyond recovery assuming I buy the Global ROM and choose to switch to the Xiaomi.eu Rom.

Also does the Xiaomi.eu and the Global ROM allows OTA updates? Without having to use pc to flash a new patch update?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231013_140259_AliExpress.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231013_140259_AliExpress.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I have same doubts here.

During a trip to China last week I bought a Xiaomi 13, good product at excellent price.
But even with Google Play installed and english language, there are a lot of chineses stuffs, so I want to replace the ROM with global or europe.

After an internet search I found first the XiaomiTool V2, they clame they can change rom without bootloader, but I cannot make it working.
Then I found xiaomi.eu ROM, but I need to unlock bootloader and I afraid to have security problems in the future.
I also read something about TWRP but I have no idea what is it and if I need it.

Really it is no possible to replace the ROM with another original Xiaomi ROM and keep bootloader locked?
I just would like to have an original Xiaomi 13, with original Xiaomi EU or Global ROM, with safety and everything working (bank app, Google Pay, etc...).

If unlock bootloader is a step I cannot skip, if I understood right, the original ROM will work with limitations, and xiaomi.eu ROM will be better choice.
Then what happen when Xiaomi release security patches or updates? I will not get them, right?
Future update I will do always manually through xiaomi.eu?

I have a Samsung device at the moment and maybe I am starting to regret buying a Xiaomi product, datasheet was very good but this software change is very complicated. In my Samsung I can change country very easy just in the internal menu, no ROM, no unlock, no complication at all.

A global version Xiaomi would have worked like your Samsung, you bought a version that was designed for the Chinese market.

Unlocking the bootloader is required to run any ROM that is not the official China ROM.
The Xiaomi.eu ROM is usually maintained as long as Xiaomi release updates.
I don't know the specifics of the Xiaomi 13, but I believe there is a TWRP available, so the install should be half automated (you may need to confirm actions, or manually select the file downloaded by the updater).

Reactions: jericho246
A global version Xiaomi would have worked like your Samsung, you bought a version that was designed for the Chinese market.

Unlocking the bootloader is required to run any ROM that is not the official China ROM.
The Xiaomi.eu ROM is usually maintained as long as Xiaomi release updates.
I don't know the specifics of the Xiaomi 13, but I believe there is a TWRP available, so the install should be half automated (you may need to confirm actions, or manually select the file downloaded by the updater).
It is quite confusing for a normal customer to know a same product is in fact a different product.
If Xiaomi 13 in China is a different product, should have a different name, like Xiaomi 13C for example.

I bought phones in many countries in the world, South America, Europe, USA, using them everywhere without problems.
A Galaxy 23 is a Galaxy 23 everywhere, an iPhone 14 is an iPhone 14 everywhere, why Xiaomi confuses customers?

It is quite confusing for a normal customer to know a same product is in fact a different product.
If Xiaomi 13 in China is a different product, should have a different name, like Xiaomi 13C for example.

I bought phones in many countries in the world, South America, Europe, USA, using them everywhere without problems.
A Galaxy 23 is a Galaxy 23 everywhere, an iPhone 14 is an iPhone 14 everywhere, why Xiaomi confuses customers?
There are different Galaxy 23 (in fact, before the 23, they even had different processors in Europe) and there are different iPhone 14 (no SIM card in the USA) ...

We don't have insider information since it is a custom ROM forum, but a few reasons why brands create different models are network bands, preinstalled applications, mandatory features (like photo sounds in Japan)... Or just to make it harder to use in a different country.