[SOLVED]Bootloop with minor update

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrillem

Members
Sep 1, 2021
hello

I ve used other solutions posted here without success so...

I was on the last stable release v125
I try to update with the last weekly
I did a wipe dalvik and cache but if the update was successful, when I want to reeboot the system, it returns in twrp
I v e used another mirror to download the update but same problem
FIY: The partition is crypted

So what I did is only an update from 125 to 12.6 so nothing extraordinary

Could you please help me ?

Download official stable for your mi9 extract vbmeta.img from it then flash it:
Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Hello,

Going to a Weekly version from a Stable one is not a "normal" update for Xiaomi.eu ROMs. ;)

It's written many times on this forum that it's recommended to format the data partition of your device when you want to switch ROM's branch (Stable <-> Weekly). :)

For Mi 9 owners, my advice is to stay on Stable branch because the end of Weekly updates is coming soon (November 27th, 2021)... ;)

But if you really want to install the latest Weekly version AND if you don't want to format the data partition then you can use this thing I made: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...t-were-shipped-with-android-9-or-below.58318/

:)

thx for your answer
Adb devices return the device but your command returns "waiting for any device" I ve installed latest usb driver and minimal adb and fastboot but same "error"

Did you boot your device in Fastboot mode (holding " Volume - " and " Power " buttons simultaneously)? Fastboot mode is required to run fastboot commands. ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
Thx Pony70. Your answer is very clear. Unfortunatly , I must continue now as I don't have any backup of the 12.5 rom...

Well, If I must format the data, it is better that a format the data to return to the stable version I think...

Very sorry for the time spent

Thx Poney70 for the time you spent to explain that.

I've installed the 12.6 and unfortunatly bugs are always here :( (aboutlocalization in the weather widget anda problem during phone calls)

Status
Not open for further replies.