Resolved [SOLVED IN 9.7.18] PIP mode

enigmedark

Members
Jan 7, 2019
Hello, with the newest rom update appeared a problem when opening a video in picture-in-picture mode, this happens both in the YouTube app and in local video players, since the control buttons do not work and can not be pressed.
This happens on the MI Pad 4, I don't know if it's a problem on other devices.

Thank you in advance and excuse my bad English.

EDIT: SOLVED ON THE LAST BETA.

Last edited:
This exist on my phone aswell - Mi Note 3. PIP videos cand be moved along, but none of the buttons (close/maximize) work.

Reactions: werty
(Mi9se) Similar problem with Google maps too. Once you you have pip mode, you cannot close the app or make it full screen again

Same problem on my MiMix2S, Youtube, vlc player, and other program when in pip mode, screen
doesn't detect control buttons.

Same problem on my MiMix3,Any program when in pip mode, screen
doesn't detect control buttons.

It's broken for Mi Note 3 since 9.7.4. Once you minimize any app and get the floating window you can drag that window all around the screen, but none of the control buttons are working. Moreover, if there's a button or an icon under those control buttons, it's getting pressed instead

It looks like the issue has been fixed in the last beta 9.7.18. Thank you all for confirming the problem in the thread.

I'm on latest beta for Mi9 and still have the bug. Is there any procedure to fix this?

My PiP work already in 9.7.18 , dirty flash from 9.7.11 , wipe cache dalvik

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

I did exactly this and not same result.

I clean flashed the rom today to try to solve another bug. At first PIP worked well but after I finished with configurations it stopped working again.

I've been checking and PIP does not work for me with full screen gestures. With the navigation buttons works well pressing home, but with gestures if you swipe up and wait a second it doesn't work. Can anyone of the people who says it works check if with full screen gestures works too?

P.D: With Youtube you can go back with gestures till get out of the app, that PIP works well.

Gonna make a new thread, because is not the same bug.

Last edited: