Invalid [SOLVED] No App vault even installed? Redmi Note 9 Pro EU (joyeuse) - MIUI upgraded from V13.0.4.0 to V14.0.3.0

crok.bic

Members
Sep 12, 2017
Hi Everyone,

So.. I already posted this but let me do it here as well because this is probably a bug:
I upgraded a joyeuse from Xiaomi.EU V13.0.4.0 to V14.0.3.0 and wanted to check these new widgets everyone is talking about because I saw some posts and looked fancy.. but.. I didn't see them. I only saw the normal app widgets. Then realised that App Vault is not even installed, even though in Home settings I can set -1 screen to App Vault / Google Discover / None. So I opened Google Play Store and while I did search for Xiaomi App Vault I found both the Global and the chinese(?) one (the blue one) and both has an install button next to them - meaning the app is not even installed. Weird. Just because I was curious I installed the blue one and the new widgets did appear. But -indeed- the normal Android widgets weren't visible, no tab is visible at all.. so I'm puzzled. Before you presume it: I didn't debloat anything, no Magisk, nothing. I don't see in the package list (pm list packages -f) neither com.mi.android.globalminusscreen nor com.mi.globalminusscreen (or what is the pkg id of the App vault in Xiaomi.EU ROM?).
The ROM is: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9ProEU_V14.0.3.0.SJZMIXM_v14-12.zip
Any idea or advise what to do to get the Xiaomi.EU version of App Vault on this phone? Can someone share it? Or can I ask for a ROM rebuild if it is really missing from the ROM for some reason..?

Thank you!

Last edited:
1) App vault IS installed with all of our ROMs as a system app.
2) App vault we use is based on the Chinese variant, which does NOT exist on Play Store.
3) You are not supposed to manually install any App vault from Play Store or elsewhere, it's not the same app and it overrides our app.

1) App vault IS installed with all of our ROMs as a system app.
2) App vault we use is based on the Chinese variant, which does NOT exist on Play Store.
3) You are not supposed to manually install any App vault from Play Store or elsewhere, it's not the same app and it overrides our app.
Thanks for the answer. Please tell me where the apk should be located in the file system and what is the exact package ID - I want to double check with pm command and want to check the existence of the apk booting to recovery + live system, too. I can't even use App vault in -1 screen because even though I set it I can't swipe to the left on my home screen. A bit weird because the setting seems to take place: while swiping the background and the icons are still like it doesn't even want to move but if I unset the -1 screen to None it moves a little back and forth, there is some kind of animation while swiping if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the answer. Please tell me where the apk should be located in the file system and what is the exact package ID - I want to double check with pm command and want to check the existence of the apk booting to recovery + live system, too. I can't even use App vault in -1 screen because even though I set it I can't swipe to the left on my home screen. A bit weird because the setting seems to take place: while swiping the background and the icons are still like it doesn't even want to move but if I unset the -1 screen to None it moves a little back and forth, there is some kind of animation while swiping if you know what I mean.
Just sounds like the app was previously disabled (if it's visible in Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps) or force-uninstalled (if it's not visible there).
Package name is com.miui.personalassistant, APK name is PersonalAssistant.apk.

Just sounds like the app was previously disabled (if it's visible in Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps) or force-uninstalled (if it's not visible there).
Package name is com.miui.personalassistant, APK name is PersonalAssistant.apk.
Hm.. that's weird.. even though I never used App vault (I'm not a fan of it) I never uninstalled nor disabled or even touched it BUT I found a weird behavior which is probably caused by a fsck'd up xml.. so I'm sorry to report it as a bug but your help was crucial for my investigation and that's how I got it.. long story "short": thanks for the package ID and apk name - it really helped a lot! For some reason none of the pm commands listed the package.. but I did find the apk file so I was assured that it must be there. Didn't took a backup of /data for investigations unfortunately, just booted back to system. Then I found out that even though pm command didn't show the packege but dumpsys package command did show it.. so.. I tried some ways to try to "install" the package somehow (used pm install-existing comand, even though it didn't show it as uninstalled) but all of those returned error (no such package..) and the last thing that helped was a data clear (pm clear).. all pm commands reported error but when I run pm clear for that package.. it didn't return an error! Right after that.. pm lists the package, I was able to set App vault as -1 screen and it started to work.. and widgets came back, too.

TLDR: thank you for the crucial info, it was -again- a nice journey (for me) in world of Android :D And sorry again. I can't delete the thread.

Reactions: Igor Eisberg