[solved With 7.11.9] Can't Apply Limitless Theme

MeiGuddet

Members
Apr 29, 2016
My device: Redmi 3/ido with EU-ROM 7.11.2
I opened a bug on en.miui.com on 28.10.2017, but no answer till now. Can somebody here help me, please?
http://en.miui.com/thread-982168-1-1.html
I can't apply Limitless theme, always error:
"Themes from third-party sources are not supported
error: download|auth rejected 402"
What is the problem here? I'm using MIUI themes app, Limitless theme is included, but i can't apply it.
Why is it called "Themes from third-party sources..."?
Somewhere I've read it could be a problem with Android 5.1.1, but I'm not sure.
Screenshot_2017-11-07-20-22-58-220_com.android.thememanager.png

Last edited:
My device: Redmi 3/ido with EU-ROM 7.11.2
I opened a bug on en.miui.com on 28.10.2017, but no answer till now. Can somebody here help me, please?
http://en.miui.com/thread-982168-1-1.html
I can't apply Limitless theme, always error:
"Themes from third-party sources are not supported
error: download|auth rejected 402"
What is the problem here? I'm using MIUI themes app, Limitless theme is included, but i can't apply it.
Why is it called "Themes from third-party sources..."?
Somewhere I've read it could be a problem with Android 5.1.1, but I'm not sure.
View attachment 17316
Because You use modifited Limitless theme, You use miui theme editor - its not official app from Xiaomi.

Many people stealing paid themes from zhuti and themes apps. Developers have changed the security and policy again. Version 7.11.1 was still ok, but with the coming update 7.11.2 themes in china and global roms restarted to default. Now either you use the default or those free themes from the app or you pay mi credits. and you buy themes. It is not allowed to load mtz files from third sources. The same problem people have on Miui Global and China, the developers have made a lot of changes and can be a deliberate action or a typical bug. I personally can load the limitless theme because I have it with theme apps and not like you edited by miui theme editor. I use miui china. So far, xiaomi.eu had patches for mtz themes to work, maybe the patch has stopped working, and the Limitless theme in Xiaomi.eu may be something else added. I have a problem because I use China Miui, and the default Font does not correctly support the Polish letters, so far I have used Font Storopia, but now I can not change. In pass when we have a designer theme xiaomi account we could load mtz by theme app, than at the end of 2016, they changed the rules and when you did not put one theme on it Yours designer account, You could not load mtz any more, someone found a way to secure Xiaomi, and invented the Miui theme editor on Google Play store, so you could throw stuff away, but people stole paid themes and installed it. Now it's over. I hope Xiaomi, however, will change the rules a little bit.

I have this theme
6829bf593b24df9d3060c066e83560f3.jpg

See what i have designer in Limitless

087037f4f4adbb3ae9ce7cee45450824.jpg

Apply limitless

3c141cbe1c917ebc9b855cc3321173ee.jpg

I must use MI Default font not supported all Polish letters
7696f8b0ee55fcdf6d3dbfb48fc3b153.jpg

5069c0c79860aaadeeda1dd6ee4bad54.jpg

When i try set font edited by miui theme editor from google play have error 408

5a5c71fdc99a7730cf37cb2779349cb9.jpg

When i try set from mtz file

d0ef6e7c43e25ed6ce3c33d6c30a7d2f.jpg

1.First privacy changes from 2016

http://en.miui.com/thread-543407-1-1.html

2.Second privacy changes elimited pirates miui theme editor or bug - when get update from 7.11.1 to 7.11.2

Last Rom where it work was 7.11.1, install older rom and will be work (maybe)

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I don't use modified Limitless theme from Miui theme editor. First I tried to apply Limitless theme included in themes app after update to MIUI 9. When that didn't work I tried to use Miui theme editor, but this didn't work, too. So I uninstalled the editor and deleted the modified themes. In this thread I just uploaded the wrong screenshot from that second try, but now I corrected it (also in bug thread on en.miui.com).

No, I don't use modified Limitless theme from Miui theme editor. First I tried to apply Limitless theme included in themes app after update to MIUI 9. When that didn't work I tried to use Miui theme editor, but this didn't work, too. So I uninstalled the editor and deleted the modified themes. In this thread I just uploaded the wrong screenshot from that second try, but now I corrected it (also in bug thread on en.miui.com).
No its not a bug. They(Developers) change privacy rules in 7.11.2

Privacy rules against their own themes? No, I don't think so.
My first MIUI 9 EU ROM was 7.10.12. Limitless theme was included, but I couldn't apply it with the same error. Then after this I tried with Miui theme editor, but this didn't work , too.

Privacy rules against their own themes? No, I don't think so.
My first MIUI 9 EU ROM was 7.10.12. Limitless theme was included, but I couldn't apply it with the same error. Then after this I tried with Miui theme editor, but this didn't work , too.
Try, china or Global rom, You will see that You can set Limitlles theme.

Reactions: MeiGuddet
Thanks for your help. But Limitless isn't that important to me that I would switch to China or Global ROM :D

Last edited: