Some apps doesn't play sound

Lihnidos

Members
Mar 16, 2022
Hello everybody,
I've bought a new Poco X3 pro with MIUI 12.5 recently, and there is an issue with the notification sound of some of the apps, including SMS messenger. The pop up shows, but there is no sound. On some of them (the apps), everything is o.k. I've done all the settings. After upgrading to MIUI 13, the problem remains.
I will be grateful if somebody could help.

Hi there, You`re not the only one.
I just got new Redmi Note 10S and have this problem.
Notification sound is missing in sms and gmail app. It occurs when phone is turned on. There is pop up, but no sound...
If I set and chose sound(no matter custom or added) it works, but only untill phone get turned off.
When I turn phone on, problem is there again
, no notification sound for those two apps.... Kind off phone don`t memorize setting....
It is frustrating since it`s basic function for phone, i NEED to hear mail or message.
If anyine knows way to fix this, it would be wellcome.
Phone is Redmi Note 10S, rom is MIUI 12.5.16 Stable, Android 11.
THANK IN ADVANCE

Reactions: guzelino
Hi there, You`re not the only one.
I just got new Redmi Note 10S and have this problem.
Notification sound is missing in sms and gmail app. It occurs when phone is turned on. There is pop up, but no sound...
If I set and chose sound(no matter custom or added) it works, but only untill phone get turned off.
When I turn phone on, problem is there again
, no notification sound for those two apps.... Kind off phone don`t memorize setting....
It is frustrating since it`s basic function for phone, i NEED to hear mail or message.
If anyine knows way to fix this, it would be wellcome.
Phone is Redmi Note 10S, rom is MIUI 12.5.16 Stable, Android 11.
THANK IN ADVANCE
Same here!
This has been driving me crazy... tried almost everything (except for resetting my phone, which would take 2 days to setup again) and haven't found any solution...
It's such a basic function of a smartphone, and to think that Xiaomi can't fix this is disappointing :(

Still, this only happens to a number of apps, not to all of them, but the fact that happens to the basic stock apps, such as Gmail, messages, etc. is what frustrates the most. Hotmail / Yahoo mail apps, ringtone, and others work fine and don't "forget" the set sounds after phone restart.

Any suggestion to remedy this issue would be highly appreciated...

after doing a lot of searching and try-and-error, I think I solved this.

Go to Settings > Apps > Manage Apps, find Themes, then:
1. Allow Autostart
2. Allow all permissions
3. Battery Saver > No restrictions

Then, using any file explorer, navigate to: /storage/emulated/0 (this is actually the storage location of the phone), locate the folder "MIUI", and delete it (the whole folder, not just what's in it). You might as well do the same for the following folder: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.android.thememanager.
Restart (reboot) the phone and if custom sounds for apps are not present - reset them again and should work just fine.

Reactions: forevermaat
For me, the problem is with whatsapp notifications. You cannot set a custom sound in either the personal or group notification. It only accepts the default sound that is the original for all notifications from any app. I have not been able to find a solution. even changing the sound from whatsapp, it changes back to the preset sound

Reactions: IntegratedGraphics
I also think that it has to do something with the sound itself... if it is an .mp3, the system "forgets" it in. a while and does not play it. If it is an .ogg - it plays it, so you can try selecting a custom tone that is .ogg and see if that works