Videos won't play, some apps won't load, ...

cavinrocks

Members
Oct 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, I don't know what to do next, so I'm looking for help here.
I have a PocoX3pro with MIUI by xiaomi.eu 14.0.3.0TJUMIXM installed, the latest stable version of the xiaomi.eu ROM. Additionally, the device is rooted with Magisk and AdAway is installed.

For two days I have had the following problems:

- I can no longer play videos anywhere. Instagram Reels only show the still image, YouTube video does not load, Whatsapp does not download received videos, ...
- I can no longer load Facebook/Twitter(X). Neither via the official apps nor via third-party apps (Metal pro).
- Taking photos works, but as soon as I switch over to "Video", the camera app freezes.
- Firefox no longer loads pages, Chrome works.
- When I log in to Google on my PC, I have to click on "yes, that's me" on my phone for 2FA. The message appears, but it doesn't load, it just spins in a circle.

My phone is now exactly two years old. I've already reinstalled the ROM, reinstalled Magisk, deactivated AdAway and reactivated it again, nothing helps.

Does somebody has any idea? I initially suspected Android WebView, but everything is up to date.

Thank you very much!

PS: in the german forum "androidhilfe" a user suggested to run GPU Benchmark by Geekbench 6, which I did. The result is to be found here:

GPU: https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/compute/1157570

CPU: https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/3210558

Hi all, just wanted to say that I was on stable NUWA rom (13 pro) installed via fastboot (don't have TWRP setup and don't know how) and was experiencing these issues.

For me, a fix was as simple as installing a weekly rom (update) for NUWA released after Sep 13th via fastboot.

Praying the issue doesn't recur but for now all seems well. Hope my message helps someone. Big thanks to Devs

@jiminy I would love to install a new ROM withouth the problem but sadly there are no weeklys for my PocoX3pro, only stable version. Might switch to EliteROM, we'll see.

Bro ! <3 What have you done ? Do I have to delete and format / wipe all data?
???

Switch to another Rom, where the error is fixed or, temporary fix, is to delete the mentioned file like described here:

Use root explorer or the explorer in recovery.

Reactions: nocxx
The provided information suggests a complex issue with your Poco X3 Pro involving video playback, app loading, and 2FA functionality. While the cause remains unclear, several factors could be responsible:

1- Recent software updates are known to introduce bugs, consider downgrading or waiting for further patches.
2- Modifications like rooting and ad blockers can interfere with system resources, try temporarily disabling them.
3- Outdated WebView can disrupt video playback, ensure it's updated through Play Store.
4- Though less likely, two-year-old hardware degradation could be affecting video processing.

To diagnose further, analyze the Geekbench GPU benchmark results for anomalies, consider testing a different ROM (without root or AdAway), and if persistent, consult Xiaomi support or a professional repair service.

Last edited:
The provided information suggests a complex issue with your Poco X3 Pro involving video playback, app loading, and 2FA functionality. While the cause remains unclear, several factors could be responsible:

1- Recent software updates are known to introduce bugs, consider downgrading or waiting for further patches.
2- Modifications like rooting and ad blockers can interfere with system resources, try temporarily disabling them.
3- Outdated WebView can disrupt video playback, ensure it's updated through Play Store.
4- Though less likely, two-year-old hardware degradation could be affecting video processing.

To diagnose further, analyze the Geekbench GPU benchmark results for anomalies, consider testing a different ROM (without root or AdAway), and if persistent, consult Xiaomi support or a professional repair service.
Dude, its already solved. Read the replys above you...