Sound quality / volume on Xiaomi phones

laskoir

Members
Jan 22, 2019
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy is there nothing online about how poor the sound quality is on the mi max 3 / Xiaomi phones through 3.5mm to speakers and headphones. I've compared sound to Samsung and iPhone and the difference is easily noticeable.

On my zepellin and car stereo the mi max 3 is much quieter and you lose whole instruments to distortion.

I had the same issue with the mi max 1 a couple of years ago. I thought they would have fixed it so took the plunge again. And nope......sound quality is still eye wateringly bad. I play all my music through my phone whether it be in the car or gym or at home on my zepellin.

Example. My car stereo plays at volume level 15 on Samsung A5 and a 5 year old iPhone 5s!!! and the sound is booming.

On the mi max 3 and mi max 1 I have to turn it up to 22 then all you can hear is the amp pumping out extra power with huge loss in quality. At 15 is so quiet. With the mi max 1 I thought this was unofficial rom issues. But the mi max 3 is global official rom.

Is this a thing with xiaomi phones hardware? Or global ROMs?

What exactly is it that you expected? Paid 1/4 of the price and yet expected the same experience? Nah boy, it doesn't work like that. From personal experience, iPhones do have better sound, but that's a dumb comparision.

What exactly is it that you expected? Paid 1/4 of the price and yet expected the same experience? Nah boy, it doesn't work like that. From personal experience, iPhones do have better sound, but that's a dumb comparision.
Thanks for the reply. I take your point but the Samsung A5 is cheaper than the mi max 3 and manages decent sound. Heck even a Samsung j series manages good sound.

then do some research if you're actually interested in improving sound quality.

It's about bypassing ****** dacs, software resampling and headphone amplifiers(when using Bluetooth/Aptx)

It's about bypassing ****** dacs, software resampling and headphone amplifiers(when using Bluetooth/Aptx)
Well, I'm here too. In the latest build I've bad sound volume on BT. I don't know what to do, that's the first time.

no issues with aptx and my xiaomi neckband bt headset and quality with poweramp using hi-res 24bit/96khz output is n1.
On both global beta and now xiaomi.eu weekly.

Not that interested. I will simply avoid Xiaomi from now on. It should just work.

Thanks for the reply. I take your point but the Samsung A5 is cheaper than the mi max 3 and manages decent sound. Heck even a Samsung j series manages good sound.
I had the same issue with the mi max 1 a couple of years ago. I thought they would have fixed it so took the plunge again. And nope......sound quality is still eye wateringly bad. I play all my FileZilla https://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/ https://downloader.vip/rufus/ music through my phone whether it be in the car or gym or at home on my zepellin.