Stable 18 global version is out.

zoul

Members
Aug 3, 2014
Hi guys. Stable 18 is out. Updated my phone to stable 18 but having issues like fc in apps n i can't download any apps from playstore even if the app is small n i still have ample free space. Feedback from some users says it gives them more ram space. Do any of u have any problems after update? Any fixes to ur problems on stable 18? Please post it here. Thanks in advance.

Stable 18 is only for TW, SG and HK. not for China Unicomm
My redmi 1 is the SG version. That's why I created this tread. The stable 18 rom gave me problems instead of making my phone any better. I wish to know if there are any users who are facing the same problems as me.

My redmi 1 is the SG version. That's why I created this tread. The stable 18 rom gave me problems instead of making my phone any better. I wish to know if there are any users who are facing the same problems as me.
Already using build 19 via ota update. Xiaomi sg. Work fine n no problem so far.

Reactions: zoul
Please Help Me How To Enable This
Screenshot_2014-08-28-05-24-33.png
Screenshot_2014-08-28-05-24-58.png
Screenshot_2014-08-28-05-25-12.png

does anyone share with me the feeling and experience that these latest few OTA updates have been horrible? i'd say in stable 18 i got some trouble already, like this consistent sluggishness and erratic behavior in previously perfectly working apps (e.g. chrome, minuum keyboard).

but the latest stable 19 is the worst that i've yet encountered. the sluggishness is even worse than before, and for example the stock gallery app has become almost unusable due to the lag that I have while browsing through my photos, not to mention zooming in the photos.

that said, does anyone know if there is a way to revert to previous ROMs, or would I just have to dl one and install it as another rom? if that's the case maybe i'll just wait for miui 6 w/ kitkat, i have high hopes for that since a 4.2 -> 4.4. update on e.g. my tablet worked wonders in terms of sluggishness...

does anyone share with me the feeling and experience that these latest few OTA updates have been horrible? i'd say in stable 18 i got some trouble already, like this consistent sluggishness and erratic behavior in previously perfectly working apps (e.g. chrome, minuum keyboard).

but the latest stable 19 is the worst that i've yet encountered. the sluggishness is even worse than before, and for example the stock gallery app has become almost unusable due to the lag that I have while browsing through my photos, not to mention zooming in the photos.

that said, does anyone know if there is a way to revert to previous ROMs, or would I just have to dl one and install it as another rom? if that's the case maybe i'll just wait for miui 6 w/ kitkat, i have high hopes for that since a 4.2 -> 4.4. update on e.g. my tablet worked wonders in terms of sluggishness...
You can go to en.miui.com to download previous rom. Stable 16 is said to be most stable rom so far. With all bugs fixed and considered as the fastest stable rom. You can download it n install it via updater from menu. For the gallery app. I'm using the one i got from the net. Better than the stock gallery app.

You can go to en.miui.com to download previous rom. Stable 16 is said to be most stable rom so far. With all bugs fixed and considered as the fastest stable rom. You can download it n install it via updater from menu. For the gallery app. I'm using the one i got from the net. Better than the stock gallery app.

ok, thanks for the advice. i'm also a bit confused since there are many wcdma versions now - i don't remember there being so many when i got my phone in January - does it matter which one I choose?

and btw can you hint towards which gallery app you're using?

ok, thanks for the advice. i'm also a bit confused since there are many wcdma versions now - i don't remember there being so many when i got my phone in January - does it matter which one I choose?

and btw can you hint towards which gallery app you're using?

U can choose which rom is suitable for ur version. For the gallery app, u can Google it.