Stable 29 multi: Permission manager is useless.

Philip Petev

Members
Dec 12, 2013
Guys, the Permission Manager is useless to me. It's a good thing to have the root access, enabled by default, but if I can't enable and disable it manually, then there's no point of such application. In stable 29 multi, all apps have got an unconditional root access, no matter if you try to enable and disable the root access manually and the root monitor is empty.
Honestly, the previous stable multi rom was bad, this one is even worse...

Guys, the Permission Manager is useless to me. It's a good thing to have the root access, enabled by default, but if I can't enable and disable it manually, then there's no point of such application. In stable 29 multi, all apps have got an unconditional root access, no matter if you try to enable and disable the root access manually and the root monitor is empty.
Honestly, the previous stable multi rom was bad, this one is even worse...

I had this problem with the 'official' 29 rom from en.miui.com. Rooted phone, but no apps would ask for root permission. Root monitor was empty too.
Reflashing the rom fixed things, but I don't know what was wrong in the first place.

Seems like the 'stable' roms here carry over the same bugs from official ones…

Just tested the latest stable version 31 and Permission Manager still works the same way.
DEVS, WHAT THE HELL YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?

I had this problem with the 'official' 29 rom from en.miui.com. Rooted phone, but no apps would ask for root permission. Root monitor was empty too.
Reflashing the rom fixed things, but I don't know what was wrong in the first place.

Seems like the 'stable' roms here carry over the same bugs from official ones…

The official stable rom from en.miui.com has no such problem (both chinese and global).