Stable 8.1.4.0 Is Uploaded

fmkhan100

Members
Jul 30, 2016
A new stable rom 8.1.4.0 for redmi 3s is uploaded by the admin.
However on official xiaomi site, the 8.1.4.0 is beta stable..
So Mr. Ingbrzy, can you kindly tell if the rom 8.1.4.0 uploaded by you is final stable or beta stable?
Thanks

Yes, I flashed on me device.
8.1.4.0 is ok, although I do not see any changes, except for the logo when the battery is being charged, and the phone is turned off. Some major differences have not noticed.

Yes, I flashed on me device.
8.1.4.0 is ok, although I do not see any changes, except for the logo when the battery is being charged, and the phone is turned off. Some major differences have not noticed.
Thanks for your reply. Did you flash from TWRP > Install ZIP, or from within MIUI Updater app?

Yes, twrp.
You can over updater app, because it will be the same again run TWRP.
Yes, that's my understanding too. The updater app just reboots into recovery and runs an update script from within TWRP (if that's your installed recovery). However, as you can see in my link in post #4 on this thread, last time I did it from updater app, uh, didn't go very well, whereas updating from TWRP directly did the trick just fine.

I have no such problems. When you want to reinstall rom, clean wipe Dalvik cache and the entire internal memory, then go directly through TWRP. And when you get out rom update, then go just across the updater app. And actually all the same, but in some devices, the thesis starts TWRP is not known yet why this is so. I have two identical devices redmi 3S, the one doing all ok, and TWRP and all in general, while the other phone hesitating TWRP, simply skip to enter the TWRP, so it is sometimes a problem when you need to make update.

Since 8.1.1.0 each time when I flash in TWRP I get an error
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash at /firmware: Invalid argument
Flashing is successful and everything seems to work fine, so I don't know if it really is an error.

I too noticed this error when flashing 8.1.2.0 (probably was there on 8.1.1.0 too, just didn't notice). I unlocked my bootloader personally, using the official method (authorized MI account and MiFlashUnlock tool).

Attachments

• IMG_23112016_212028.jpg
    IMG_23112016_212028.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
Just updated from TWRP. Everything went well.

8.1.4.0 has the november Android security patches.

I also updated to 8.1.4.0 through twrp..
There is no battery drain now.
Good work Eu team.

Today i will install the new 8.1.4.0 rom .
Afer 1-2 day i will write here a small comparison between my current 8.0.6.0 ( october rom ) if it is or not a significat change ,of course it will be debloated , moded / changed rom as the current one!

I too noticed this error when flashing 8.1.2.0 (probably was there on 8.1.1.0 too, just didn't notice). I unlocked my bootloader personally, using the official method (authorized MI account and MiFlashUnlock tool).

Got the same problem since I remember and still no answers. I use xiaomi.eu dev roms. Bootloader unlocked officially.

Got the same problem since I remember and still no answers. I use xiaomi.eu dev roms. Bootloader unlocked officially.
I don't know if it's really a problem or rather a strange quirk, because it doesn't seem to have any negative effect... ROM installs and works just fine. Nevertheless, it's a bit unsettling to see an error in the flashing process...

8.1.4.0 vs 8.0.6.0
The new 8.1.4.0 is :
1 .UI and the whole phone feels snappier
2. Fingerprint unlock is slightly faster
3.New UI sounds like unlock , lock etc..
4.New Notification panel is way better than 8.0.6 had
5.Owerall better

But I have some troubles with it. Extremely high memory leak. After 1 day of using memory usage stands over 89% and do not clears. System became extremely overall slow with desktop reloading and freezing in sleep mode. After reboot all going fine but only for anther 1 day. Going to downgrade to 8.1.2.0