Resolved Stable Rom V10.0.12.0. for Mi 8 Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostintime

Members
Dec 6, 2018
The latest rom for Mi 8 Explorer "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8Explorer_V10.0.12.0.OEHCNFH_v10-8.1.zip" has a bug.

Install rom via TWRP and reboot.
The boot process does not end.
Stop with the boot logo displayed.

Please fix and update.
Regards.

Reactions: r3dst0rm
I can confirm this behaviour for this rom version.

Boot gets stuck and keeps "booting" for ever.

Only option to fix this issue, is to reflash the image. (Downloaded once from sourceforge and to verify from android file host)

I think it is the same bug that all Mi8 devices have - including me and my Mi8 EE. And it's because of the Full Screen Gestures. Wipe Data after installing and then start your phone again - don't activate Full Screen Gestures...hope that soon comes a bug fix.

I am using this rom for explorer edition. I have no problem with full screen gestures. What I did before flashing was to remove all passwords, fingerprints and face unlock. Flashed clean as new install. Everything works, with no problems so far.

I am using this rom for explorer edition. I have no problem with full screen gestures. What I did before flashing was to remove all passwords, fingerprints and face unlock. Flashed clean as new install. Everything works, with no problems so far.
Some people say, that you'll have black screen again, when you restart the phone after turning on Full Screen Gestures again. Can you confirm this? If not, I will also turn on Full Screen Gestures again...

That's one thing I have not done yet. At work at the moment, will try at home just in case. It'll be a good 6 hours away. I'll post the results here.

Reactions: Beardman
Some people say, that you'll have black screen again, when you restart the phone after turning on Full Screen Gestures again. Can you confirm this? If not, I will also turn on Full Screen Gestures again...
okay, i have tested the reboot.
firstly, I turned off gestures and then rebooted. It did mess with my home screen layout(didn't have it locked). This resulted in rebooting normally and then I switched back to full screen gestures. Everything worked fine.
Next I rebooted with the full screen gestures still on and it resulted in freezing on the boot up black screen. Tried different ways of trying to get in, nothing worked until I wiped the data in TWRP. It factory reset.
Starting up from scratch I optioned or full screen gestures and they work.
Trick is to turn off full screen gestures if you want to reboot normally. Once rebooted switch back to full screen gestures if preferred.

Reactions: Beardman
Latest ROM release (they published a bug fix) fixed this issue completely for me. (Mi 8 Explorer - v10.0.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.