Stable Version Of Miui 8 For Max Pro 128gb, Helium, Working Great!

Anyone tested a switch from weekly beta to the stable ROM via dirty flash ( without wiping data ) ?

Recently I upgraded from weekly beta from 6.9.22 to 6.9.29 and also 6.10.13 and starting having problems such as unable to manually search mobile operator network and also after going in and out of airplane mode, the mobile network is then stuck at 3G ( instead of 4G ).

And then I can't switch back to 6.9.22 as it will complain sqlite cannot be downgraded from version .98 to .96. So my only choice is to move forward.

Clean flash (wiping data) is going to messy for me as I am reluctant to go down this path.

I thought I will give the version 8.0.3 stable a try. So my question again, anyone dirty flash (without wiping data ) switch from weekly beta over to stable 8.0.3 ?

You could try doing it without wiping data, but remember to do a backup in TWRP. I doubt a dirty flash will work stable, if it works at all.

Anyone tested a switch from weekly beta to the stable ROM via dirty flash ( without wiping data ) ?

Recently I upgraded from weekly beta from 6.9.22 to 6.9.29 and also 6.10.13 and starting having problems such as unable to manually search mobile operator network and also after going in and out of airplane mode, the mobile network is then stuck at 3G ( instead of 4G ).

And then I can't switch back to 6.9.22 as it will complain sqlite cannot be downgraded from version .98 to .96. So my only choice is to move forward.

Clean flash (wiping data) is going to messy for me as I am reluctant to go down this path.

I thought I will give the version 8.0.3 stable a try. So my question again, anyone dirty flash (without wiping data ) switch from weekly beta over to stable 8.0.3 ?

Replying to my own post. Yeah tested dirty flash from weekly beta 6.10.13 switch over to 8.0.3 stable, it hits the same problem as downgrading 6.10.13 to 6.9.22, ie can't downgrade database from from version 908 to 906.

The complains seems to be coming from contacts, ie in version 8.0.3 stable and version 6.9.22, the sqlite versions are 906 whereas 6.10.13 is having sqlite version 908.

The contacts has been migrated from version 906 to 908 in one of the upgrades, and so I can't downgrade it.

Hmmm probably wiping the contacts data prior to downgrading is the way to go about it.

Hi MC, please keep us posted, thank you and good luck, Lati

Gesendet von meinem MI MAX mit Tapatalk

Hi MC, please keep us posted, thank you and good luck, Lati

No it did not work even after i wipe contact storage provider data. Still same complaint, unable to downgrade database.

My hope to dirty flash to switch over to 8.0.3 is gone.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Hi,

I upgrade MUI 7.3.17 to MUI 8.0.3 EU...
Everything seem working fine.
The only wondering is:
. When I try to wipe DALVIK, DATA, SYSTEM and CACHE, TWRP said DALVIK FAILED.

Is anybody meet this problem ?
And what are the consequence when DALVIK failed while wipe it ?

Many thanks for your return.

I upgraded to the latest stable V8.1.1.0, and so far everything is good. Not the biggest upgrade, but som changed functions in the pull down menu that are welcome. Also Gmail seems to sync better and faster than with V8.0.3.0

Dirty flash, only deleted Dalvik/cache. Did not loose anything and seems just as stable as previous build.

Reactions: PassieWaterm
Switching over from weekly beta without wiping data only works if one is having a beta version older or equal to 6.9.22 or something.

Anyone who switch from newer versions will hit sqlite3 database error.

I have found a bug where I'm unable to change the wallpaper let alone change the wallpapers from setting menu, says cannot load image. Any way to fix this?

Other than that everything is awesome.
Use stock launcher as default when you change wallpapers it'll work.

Hi guys,

I've bought a Mi Max Prime a month ago.
I've installed the MUI 8.0.3
Recentlly, I got a bluetooth headset and I meet a problem on using the keyboard. When the bluetooth is activated and paired with the headset, the keyboard doesnt activate when i want to use to write email/sms or whatyever
Does anybody meet the same problem and have a solution ?

Many thank for your help and return.

Last edited:
Strange problem! Maybe try another keyboard?

I'm using Swiftkey and have no problems with the phone connected to Bluetooth. The phone is connected to my android wear watch 24/7, and in addition to this with a speaker or car much of the time. No problems at all.

Thanks for your reply.
I'm using Google keyboard.
Just install Swiftkey right now, restart the smarrtphone.

Still have same problem. Cannot use the keyboard... :-(((.

Usefull Information ? : it's look like the Android saw the bluetooth headset as a physical keyboard in the setting...

Last edited:
Yesterday dirty flashed 8.1.3.0, it is still working smooth as silk. I don't think I have ever had a smartphone as stable as the Max, funny enough it is the cheapest phone I ever had! This was a ridiculous good buy and it is only getting better.

Reactions: Badrsj
Hi all, same here, very happy with the max pro and miui 8. Did not yet dirty flash to the latest stable version tough. However, I am encountering an issue with the Google and SwiftKey keyboard. I select SwiftKey as standard but every 2 / 3 Google keyboard is automatically set as standard. Don't understand why this happens. Anyone has an idea? Thanks and regards, Lati

I never have that problem, but I have turned of Google Keyboard. Settings - Additional settings - Language & Input - Current Keyboard - Choose Keyboards, turn of Google Keyboard

Thanks for your reply, Byggeren. I did the same, nevertheless phantom Google keyboard turns up every 2 / 2 days out of the blue. Very strange, indeed. Cheers, Lati

Hi guys,

Back to my previous post for a problem on keyboard activating while using the bluetooth earthset.
There are one option in the bluetooth device where the keyboard is activated.
Just deactivated that option in the bluetooth device option and keep: Multimedia and Call et Notifications on.
It's work fine finally. My MUI 8.0.3

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Hi all, same here, very happy with the max pro and miui 8. Did not yet dirty flash to the latest stable version tough. However, I am encountering an issue with the Google and SwiftKey keyboard. I select SwiftKey as standard but every 2 / 3 Google keyboard is automatically set as standard. Don't understand why this happens. Anyone has an idea? Thanks and regards, Lati

I used Titanium backup to freeze the Google keyboard and I don't get that problem anymore. I was in the same situation.

Hi. Totally new to Xiaomi. Bought my MiMax from GearBest running 7.4.16.0. I understand that MUI 8 is rolling out over OTA. Will I get it or does the fact I probably have a vendor ROM mean I'm going to have to flash it?

My phone is from GearBest, it had a vendor ROM that I removed immediately. You have to install an official ROM, or the EU-ROM manually on the phone if you want the latest MIUI

No, it is locked. You can install official ROM without unlocking, but you need to unlock before installing TWRP and EU-ROM.

Hi. Totally new to Xiaomi. Bought my MiMax from GearBest running 7.4.16.0. I understand that MUI 8 is rolling out over OTA. Will I get it or does the fact I probably have a vendor ROM mean I'm going to have to flash it?

I bought mine from Gearbest too. I immediately flashed the Chinese Developer ROM, unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP, installed the Xiaomi.eu ROM, rooted and Xposed my phone. I can't go back to not having all these enhancements and power.

At the bare minimum, you need to flash an official ROM.

I also have a gearbest one. They sent all Android devices with non updateable custom roms. If you update, you will loose their guarantee. You don't need to unlock bootloader or root your device. Search for doomslayers solution, I did install TWRP and Xiaomi.eu stable global. Happy so far. Do not encrypt your device, as TWRP has a bug and can't handle encrypted data partition. If you do so, no more updates are possible. Had to swiped my data partition and reinstall Mimax. Cheers, Lati

Small update; Installed 8.1.4 stable, dirty install, so far everything seems to work fine. No noticeable difference, and according to the change log there is nothing new that will apply to my use. Nice to have, but as far as I can see there is no need to update from 8.1.3
IMG_20161208_150930.jpg