step-by-step how to install the MIUI 10 - PIE without losing the data / encryption ?

leonardobg7

Members
Apr 7, 2019
Can anyone provide a step-by-step how to install the MIUI 10 - PIE without losing the data?

Each one I ask passes me different information and I can not come up with a solution.

I am using MIUI 8.1 and I have installed Recovery Oragen Fox 9.0.1. What do I have to do to install MIUI-PIE now?

If I want to go back to MIUI-OREO, what do I have to do?
Thank you.

The only way to retain your data is to wait until PIE update is available for your OS version. If you change Android version (global <-> weekly, stock <-> Xiaomi.eu, ...) you always have to wipe /data or your fresh installed OS will be in an unpredictable and broken state.

It's possible to backup user apps, settings, sdcard,... with e.g.TitaniumBackup or other software.

If you want to go back to an older system then backup full /data, /persist, ... with OrangeFox. Later you can go back with theses backups. Read the manual before!

Reactions: oleg71
I installed this twrp that they recomended in another forum, without having to deleted anything from data. I put the phone in fasboot mode and flash from the computer with CMD and the commands:

fastboot flash recovery filename_image.img

fastboot boot filename_image.img

Link: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397927658

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 5 mediante Tapatalk