Steps To Install Custom Rom. Am I Right?

Kickasz

Members
Feb 11, 2016
Hey guys, I want to install a custom ROM (xiaomi.eu ROM) but I'm not sure about the steps that I have to follow. I read a lot of threads here but there's nothing clear in my mind so these are the steps that I think I have to follow. Please let me know if I am right:

This is what I have right now:
-Version: MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 6.2.4 | Beta (android version 6.0.1 MMB29M)
-Recovery: MiRecovery
-Unlock: No. When trying to unlock the device on "Developer options" (OEM unlocking) a warning message says: Device protection features will not work on this device while this setting is turned on.

Based on that, this are the steps I think I have to follow to install the custom ROM:
1- Install the lastest Developer ROM > http://en.miui.com/download-240.html
2- Unlock device (OEM unlocking) if possible or try the command on fastboot mode: fastboot oem unlocking.
3- Install TWRP through app updater.
4- Download lastest xiaomi.eu ROM and install it from TWRP.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

The command is "fastboot oem unlock" and beware, it may erase everything on your phone, including "SD" storage and data!

Then the best way to install TWRP is from fastboot too, so put your file into adb folder and rename it to "twrp_cancro.img". Open the command prompt with shift+right click - > open cmd in this folder and flash the recovery using this command "fastboot flash recovery twrp_cancro.img (or whatever you name it) and your done!

Reboot into your new and fresh recovery (you can use fastboot too if you are lazy ^^) fastboot boot recovery / fastboot boot twrp_cancro.img) then copy the rom to your SD. Drivers must be installed if you want your PC to see your phone via recovery ;-)

Envoyé de mon MI 4LTE en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Kickasz
I don't think your device is locked.
you can download the latest xiaomi.eu
copy it to the phone root.
on your pc, extract the archive and take the recovery.img, it is twrp

boot your phone into fastboot
plug to your pc
fastboot devices
fastboot boot recovery.img
(will boot your phone on the twrp)
from your twrp on the phone select the xiaomi.eu rom zip and swipe install
wipe dalvik&cache.
(be patient the process takes long)

in case it fails, miflash the xiaomi global dev 6.3.17 (from en.miui.com)
then reapply from first step.

Reactions: Kickasz
Thank you both for helping me here. Finally I could install the last version by doing what you said.

Really appreciated that guys. Thanks :)