Stock Android on MI-2

ragiut1

Members
Mar 16, 2011
Hello everyone

I'm seriously considering the MI-2 (i have a friend in china), however i'm not a fan of customized ROMs, so, if i get the MI-2, can i install rooted stock Android? and will it be updated within reasonable periods?

Many thnx

There was pure ICS released until ICS MIUI was finished, its probably unlikely unless you do it yourself.

Why would you buy an Xiaomi phone if you wanted to run other things then MIUI? There are plenty of other phones that have a HUGE international development community.
The hardware and design is nothing short of amazing, and 4.3 screen is my maximum.
peace

Has anyone contacted Xiaomi to release the source code??
HTC, Samsung ...etc they all release their kernel source code, after all, Android is about open source

There in China. There is barely legal boundaries there. How do you think they make a phone that looks identical to an iPhone? Uses hardware that is deemed "iPhone only" and continues to produce software that Apple would love to sue.

You can try.

Will there be stock JB release like stock ics?? I was about to order the phone but I stopped... NO stock JB?

Please read the topic or at least few posts above before asking such question.

Sent from my MIUI Nexus S Jelly Bean.

miui is basically the xiaomi rom.. works pretty well with my m1, i dont see any reason in using the raw one.

Has anyone contacted Xiaomi to release the source code??
HTC, Samsung ...etc they all release their kernel source code, after all, Android is about open source
I dont think miui has modified the kernel.. why? because i dont see any changelog that is kernel related in miuiandroid weekly updates.. even their latest device is a garbage... because they dont know how to code directly into the hardware eventhough qualcomm has provided SDK.

another thing why MIUI is not the low level guy (kernel) is how their mem use is hight they are focused on java heavily.. most programmers know java is a resource hog while C/C++ is resource wise. most their apps are not using native.

this is very amusing they keep closed source but they dont know how to fix bugs in low level (kernel).. more over their are using samsung base (closed source) how can they fix bugs with closed source (it doesnt make sense).

when i asked my sellers ( ibuygou )whether i can root the phone and install German language and software on my M2 phone, i got this site, www.miui.com :p

Hello everyone

I'm seriously considering the MI-2 (i have a friend in china), however i'm not a fan of customized ROMs, so, if i get the MI-2, can i install rooted stock Android? and will it be updated within reasonable periods?

Many thnx

hey guys stock android is available for M2 from xiaomi. i have seen already two updates so i think it will have further updates.
http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/stock-jellybean-4-1-1-on-xiaomi-m2-is-available.18969/

Its already rooted . xbin already have su binary. may be you just need to install super user from market.
i can use the Root explore to modify the system partition.

Its already rooted . xbin already have su binary. may be you just need to install super user from market.
i can use the Root explore to modify the system partition.
Have you noticed any difference in performance and battery life between stock and MIUI?
This phone just became perfect for me, i cant thank you enough.

need an help . fhashed this rom and it reboot stright into home , so no chance to set english. what did i made wrong ? TA