Strangely Slow 3g

dovla

Members
Dec 17, 2016
Hi,

I bought Mi4C a month ago and I am quite satisfied with it. It is 2GB/16GB version with MIUI Global 8 Stable 8.0.4.0.0 (LXKCNDG). Bootloader is unlocked and the phone is rooted, TWRP is set up as a custom recovery.

I recently noticed very strange slowdown in network access via 3G (there are no 4G in my country - Bosnia). The strange thing is that I cannot open almost anything with browser (not even google.com), YouTube videos are out of question.. Network speed is below 10 KB/s. Though some other apps like Facebook are functioning.
I've installed Speedteset and it shows 8Mbps download and 3Mbps upload! What really puzzled me is when I setup WiFi hotspot other devices connected through Mi4C show youtube videos flawlessly, download apps from store with expected speed (very fast) etc. And network speed shown on Mi4C is something like 800KB/s..

Considering all the facts I assume the problem is with my device not the telecom.

Can anyone suggest me what to do? I tried to google it but with little success - some guys in India had similar issues but they've solved it somehow with changing apn's. I can't do that.

Thank you for reading all of this. Special thanks for all responses..

You have FAKE ROM.. Install our..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

I've just done factory reset and install MIUI by xiaomi.eu 8.0 Stable 8.0.5.0 (LXKCNDG). Didn't help.. everything is exactly the same as it was.
Thanks anyway.

I solved the problem. Somehow MIUI automatically added Proxy-settings to my APN... I simply deleted proxy IP and port, and everything was right again. Don't know if it's provider (M:Tel) or country-related (Bosnia) but still wanted to let you know.