Stuck In A Bootloop

uergsel

Members
Jul 3, 2016
Dear fellow xiaomi fans,

I'm not quite sure what happened, but instead of rebooting my device normally, I find myself stuck in a bootloop (the MI logo appears and stays for ca. 20 seconds, then disappears, then it start over and over again).

I use the latest stable Xiaomi Rom 7.3.1.0. The installation is rather new (3 weeks) and came with a complete wipe of all data! So there shouldn't be any problems from previous versions. I use TWRP 2.8.7.

When I press Power Off and Vol. down after a reboot appears a tiny menu where I can choose between

recovery
fastboot
normal

Recovery gets me into TWRP, normal leads to the "normal" boot - and the bootloop, fastboot does nothing. The menu confirms my selection but nothing happens What can I do?

The phone rebooted before without any problems.

Any ideas?

Sal

Yeah, it went into recovery. But that wasn't the problem.

What I did:

• Went into Recovery (TWRP)
  • Standard backup but without bootsektor
  • Full wipe
  • Installed Xiaomi Rom 7.3.1.0
  • (Installed SuperSU)
  • Reboot: everything was new, old data and apps gone
  • Reboot into recovery
  • Restored the previously saved backup
  • Reboot
Et voilà: Old apps and data were back. Corrupted boot sector was gone.

Probably not the fastest method, but it worked.

Hello to all MIUers,

I have a similar problem.

My PC: Windows 7 system (32bit) with Java 8 (update101) and I am on test mode (digital signatures OFF)
I have unlocked my Mi4c officially (ok)
I have flashed TWRP 3.0.2-0 by mic (ok)

When i finished installation of TWRP it asked me if I want to root (I chose yes) and if I want supersu (most probably I chose yes) and then I rebooted bootloader.. and now the phone does not boot ! I tried again through TWRP (Reboot>System boot) but it does not work (only the MI logo appears and it is frozen)

The device is recognised by the PC as Mi Phone (but with an exclamation mark) but the internal storage of the device is not recognised.

Other functions that work:

TWRP>Reboot> Power Off (powers off the phone correctly)
TWRP>Reboot>Recovery ( goes into TWRP again correctly)
TWRP>Reboot>Bootloader (goes into Fastboot correctly )

I should mention that in the internal storage of the phone I have the ΜIUI 8 China Developer ROM 6.8.11.
I can see it when I am on TWRP>> Flash > Install Zip > miui_MI4c_6.8.11_b017b4c02c_5.1.zip
but I understand it is official so if I flash it I will lose the unlock and maybe TWRP also.

In TWRP I also went to Restore> Select Backup from Internal Storage (20899 MB)and there lies a file '1969-12-31-19-01-06_LMY47V' and says 'Select Package to Restore'.
Should I restore to that? I think that this is the back up I made after I flashed the TWRP (what else could it be?)!
Under that it has an 'icon box' that says Select Storage which i dont want to push before I get some ideas of what I should do at this point..

I also deleted all adb and fastboot (files- zip- exe) from my PC because I lost track of the many downloads and I hope someone will point out which exactly files to download and install that will work seamlessly with MI4c and my PC.

Thank you,
Any help will be much appreciated!

Last edited: