Stuck In Boot...

No, because you are going to flash it through EDL, not fastboot. That guide uses fastboot, and to use fastboot you need a unlocked bootloader which you actually dont have.

If you follow the guide correctly you will not have that error, check that device manager shows the name of the device how its supposed to show, and that it has the correct drivers.

:)
after i posted i restarted the machine and:

Attachments

• IMG_20170107_172804.jpg
    IMG_20170107_172804.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 345
yes thats common. I flash teh latest xiaomi.eu weeklies on a regular base on my mi4c... unfortunately these first steps were faded memories allready! :p

its still flashing...fingers crossed!

well that i am aware but it is still flashing!

Attachments

• IMG_20170107_184105.jpg
    IMG_20170107_184105.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 315
Something is totally wrong. Should take more than 300 seconds to flash. You were doing this on a tablet right? Leave it be for 3 or 4 more minutes and if not just try again or get a pc and try it there. Because on my pc it took 190 seconds.

Trying for the third time now...
Shouldn't the status display other messages rather then just flashing?

Well this has gone south...
I can t reboot to fastboot anymore therefore i can t boot to edl either...
Nonetheless when conected to the pc its visible on the device manager and on miflash tool...
Please HELP

You dont want to reboot into fastboot for any reason because your fastboot isnt officially unlocked. You need EDL and a PC that works for flashing and follow fast83's guide in this forum. If you have no way of getting into EDL you should look up a tutorial on how to make yourself and use a Deep Flash cable, that will get you into EDL and will flash your phone

Reactions: Wilderone
When i could boot into fastboot i would "fastboot oem edl" and i was sure it was in edl mode.
At this point i am not sure anymore if its dead or edl...
When i connect it to the pc i can see the qualcomm port though.

I have just tried from the start in a nem pc on all usb ports and none of them could be read from...?

I have no words....Well yes I do actually... read back properly what Pilililo2 is directing you to do.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I have and am trying to follow those directions!
but at this point i am not able to flash fro miflash tool since it gives me the " can not read from port COM10" error from every port on another pc...

I can no longer turn on or off the device from the power button nor any other button combination...still the device manager detects the port when connected

Please try this: Enter EDL and AS SOON AS you device manager shows the 9008 port, hit the flash button. Dont let more than 10 seconds pass.

Thats the problem the power button is unresponsive, so I can't now if it's still in edl mode or...dead?
Is it possible it ran out of battery?

I dont know, you should charge it for a few hours and then keep trying. If the 9008 port shows up in device manager, its in edl mode.

There is no light so I am unsure. I left it charging over night...I will try again

Last edited:
well i left it connected to the charger overnight again, and today i tried to plug it in 2 PCs, both not being recognized as qualcomm port...
Is it dead? can i still do something about it so i can go back to miflash tool?

Attachments

• IMG_20170109_101147.jpg
    IMG_20170109_101147.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 262