Stuck in fastboot. Empty system partition and flashing recovery fails. PLEASE HELP!

Sander97

Members
Jul 13, 2019
Hy all,

Today I was able to unlock my bootloader for my Mi 9T device. I flashed TWRP recovery succesfully, wiped my device and flashed the XIAOMI.EU ROM succesfully. But I faced a lot of issues. For example, download pending issues in the Google Play Store and could not install Google Chrome for example. So I decided to go back to the global ROM. I wiped everything again from TWRP. Rebooted my phone in fastboot and tried to flash the same TWRP to recovery partition again. This returned two times "OKAY" from Powershell. But when I try to reboot to recovery using the power button + the volume up, it returns to fastboot. Whatever I try, fastboot wont disappear. I seems to load fastboot from every sort of boot mode and I really need some help here to get, whatever ROM it is, working on my phone.

Does anyone has some solution for me that could work?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Sander

Reactions: mrumais
Hi,

I have the K20 pro and i had the same issue, stuck in bootloader or recovery.
I flashed the origional rom via MIFLASH, after that I flashed via the custom recovery the EU.ROM
Everything works fine now.

Good luck

Hy,

Sure. The way you mention it, it seems to be simple. It wasn't for me because I tried that a lot of times. Every fastboot ROM that needs to be flashed via Mi Flash has those installation scripts coming with it. Those script perform a anti rollback error check and that kept returning the error "Anti Rollback check error!" everytime I tried to flash the ROM on my device.

I have fixed this issue by editing those script, removing all rules on the top of the script that performed the anti rollback error and runned the flash again. It returned an error after the flash but my phone booted up finally and everything works fine now!

I hope my tread will help some other people to!

Kind regards,

Sander

Last edited:
Hy,

I have just deleted the part of the script that performs the checks. Remove that part until the fastboot commands begin.

Please let me know if you need more information!

Kind regards,

Sander Horst

Hey bud,

I'm confused. Should I edit flash_all.bat script, or something outside of ROM files, in MiFlash? I could really use a screenshot or exact details. Many thanks!
I delete more than 2 lines in this and MiFlash tells me there is no such directory. Makes no sense.
[23:18:29]:1 21b3045b 0,6530995s [23:18:28 21b3045b]:error:error: cannot load 'C:\Users\MasterOpus\Desktop\MI-FLASH': No such file or directory

Edit: What you really could me with is if you could send me YOUR edited script or the whole package anyhow.
My mail is netvagany@gmail.com.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 5,512
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,673
Last edited:
Reactions: Schaeferreiner
Hey bud,

I'm confused. Should I edit flash_all.bat script, or something outside of ROM files, in MiFlash? I could really use a screenshot or exact details. Many thanks!
I delete more than 2 lines in this and MiFlash tells me there is no such directory. Makes no sense.
[23:18:29]:1 21b3045b 0,6530995s [23:18:28 21b3045b]:error:error: cannot load 'C:\Users\MasterOpus\Desktop\MI-FLASH': No such file or directory

Edit: What you really could me with is if you could send me YOUR edited script or the whole package anyhow.
My mail is netvagany@gmail.com.

Hy,

You should remove all commands except the one that explicitly start with fastboot. Check my attached screenshot for the edited file.

About the error of the file that does not exists: I faced the same issue that MIFlash tool couldn't find my flash_all.bat after I had edited it. I solved this by moving the whole package directly on my E: drive. So the path had become "E:\davinci_global_images_V10.3.6.0.PFJMIXM_20190603.0000.00_9.0_global\flash_all.bat" instead of "E:\*********\Desktop\adb\MiFlash20180528\davinci_global_images_V10.3.6.0.PFJMIXM_20190603.0000.00_9.0_global\flash_all.bat".

I hope that you can get it done with my explanation!

Kind regards,

Sander Horst

Attachments

• 2019-08-08 23_31_00-E__davinci_global_images_V10.3.6.0.PFJMIXM_20190603.0000.00_9.0_global_fla...png
    2019-08-08 23_31_00-E__davinci_global_images_V10.3.6.0.PFJMIXM_20190603.0000.00_9.0_global_fla...png
    132.1 KB · Views: 6,633
Sweet baby Jesus, Sander. I relocated the folder and successfully flashed the ROM and revived the phone. I'm going to drink a beer to you!
I highly appreciate your willingness to help me. God bless!

Zsolt

Reactions: mrumais
Sweet baby Jesus, Sander. I relocated the folder and successfully flashed the ROM and revived the phone. I'm going to drink a beer to you!
I highly appreciate your willingness to help me. God bless!

Zsolt

Good to hear!

Helping people satisfies me even more than solving it for myself!

About your blessing, I hope God will bless you! You should install the Bible app and read it every day! He can help us to be kind, helpfulness people who love everyone on this planet including our enemies! This is all possible through the blood of Jesus!

I hope you already know Jezus and if you don't yet, please ask him to become your saviour!

Kind regards,

Sander

I have the MI9t pro and with global rom which i will unlock bootloader in 2 days. I was hoping to flash the EU rom because i have heard there is issue with rooting via magisk on the global rom and causes the phone to either keep booting back to fastboot or recovery after flashing magisk on the global rom. But since reading the issue the OP has been having i am a bit concerned about doing this now. Could someone advise the procedure if trying to root the global rom with magisk e.g which version to use and which version of twrp because i belive there a few diferent ones.

I have the MI9t pro and with global rom which i will unlock bootloader in 2 days. I was hoping to flash the EU rom because i have heard there is issue with rooting via magisk on the global rom and causes the phone to either keep booting back to fastboot or recovery after flashing magisk on the global rom. But since reading the issue the OP has been having i am a bit concerned about doing this now. Could someone advise the procedure if trying to root the global rom with magisk e.g which version to use and which version of twrp because i belive there a few diferent ones.

Hy Sam,

You should follow this guide:

I've done this on the same way and it works perfectly!

Kind regards,

Sander Horst

This is incorect my device is not davinci it is Rapheal which is the Mi9t pro that guide is for the normal m19t.

Hy,

Sure. The way you mention it, it seems to be simple. It wasn't for me because I tried that a lot of times. Every fastboot ROM that needs to be flashed via Mi Flash has those installation scripts coming with it. Those script perform a anti rollback error check and that kept returning the error "Anti Rollback check error!" everytime I tried to flash the ROM on my device.

I have fixed this issue by editing those script, removing all rules on the top of the script that performed the anti rollback error and runned the flash again. It returned an error after the flash but my phone booted up finally and everything works fine now!

I hope my tread will help some other people to!

Kind regards,

Sander
Thank you for sharing this, this solution saved me as well when trying to install Xiaomi.eu 10.3.15 over 10.3.12 EEA with GR TWRP.
Have a very nice day!

Sent from my Redmi K20 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sander97
About your blessing, I hope God will bless you! You should install the Bible app and read it every day! He can help us to be kind, helpfulness people who love everyone on this planet including our enemies! This is all possible through the blood of Jesus!

"Suum cuique" ("to each his own"), as Cicero said, but then please do yourself a favor and read the whole bible, not just "cherry-picked" sections that give you a warm feeling. I particularly suggest the instructions on how to beat your slaves so that they don't die within two days (and how to own other people as propery in general, and where to buy them), extinguishing your neighbor country's inhabitants, and get particular joy from smashing the heads of your enemy's babies against rocks. A really uplifting read that it! This surely "helps us to be kind, helpfulness people who love everyone on this planet including our enemies!". But wait, there's much more. What about commandments not to eat shrimps, and not to wear cloths made of mixed fabrics? These two are "abominations" just like being homosexual is, in the view of the writers of bronze age Palestine. Why take something serious that has rightly been called the "Goat herder's guide to the Universe"?
Oh, it's the "old testament" that doesn't apply anymore? Mainly through the great idea of a god killing his only son (but only for a part of one weekend)? Just consider that when you toss out the old testament, you also get rid of the ten commandments and other "cherries" you might not want to lose. And keeping slaves is also endorsed by the new testament, by the way...
Or in other words: if you read the bible in its entirety, it is impossible to remain worshipping this god. Or in still other words: no other book on this planet is better suited to make you an atheist than the bible.

Last edited:
"Suum cuique" ("to each his own"), as Cicero said, but then please do yourself a favor and read the whole bible, not just "cherry-picked" sections that give you a warm feeling. I particularly suggest the instructions on how to beat your slaves so that they don't die within two days (and how to own other people as propery in general, and where to buy them), extinguishing your neighbor country's inhabitants, and get particular joy from smashing the heads of your enemy's babies against rocks. A really uplifting read that it! This surely "helps us to be kind, helpfulness people who love everyone on this planet including our enemies!". But wait, there's much more. What about commandments not to eat shrimps, and not to wear cloths made of mixed fabrics? These two are "abominations" just like being homosexual is, in the view of the writers of bronze age Palestine. Why take something serious that has rightly been called the "Goat herder's guide to the Universe"?
Oh, it's the "old testament" that doesn't apply anymore? Mainly through the great idea of a god killing his only son (but only for a part of one weekend)? Just consider that when you toss out the old testament, you also get rid of the ten commandments and other "cherries" you might not want to lose. And keeping slaves is also endorsed by the new testament, by the way...
Or in other words: if you read the bible in its entirety, it is impossible to remain worshipping this god. Or in still other words: no other book on this planet is better suited to make you an atheist than the bible.
Why not to write that in PM?
You have to stay on the topics line for everybody' ease.
Thanks.

Reactions: yoonohoo
Hy,

You should remove all commands except the one that explicitly start with fastboot. Check my attached screenshot for the edited file.

About the error of the file that does not exists: I faced the same issue that MIFlash tool couldn't find my flash_all.bat after I had edited it. I solved this by moving the whole package directly on my E: drive. So the path had become "E:\davinci_global_images_V10.3.6.0.PFJMIXM_20190603.0000.00_9.0_global\flash_all.bat" instead of "E:\*********\Desktop\adb\MiFlash20180528\davinci_global_images_V10.3.6.0.PFJMIXM_20190603.0000.00_9.0_global\flash_all.bat".

Kind regards,

Sander Horst
it worked. i was in panic. thaaaanks dude!
moving the folder and removing some line worked.
i had anti roll back error

fui trocar rom CH - GLOBAL e ocorreu esse erro depois disso meu aparelho esta em um loop fastboot
preciso de ajuda, ja tentei de tudo

K20pro / mi9tPRO
HELP PLS

Hi fernandofelipe,

As been described earlier in this thread. Move the content of the package close to the driveletter. For example D:\UNPACKEDPACKAGENAME

This will make it possible for the flash tool to read the directory.

Kind regards,

Sander Horst

Hy,

Kind regards,

Sander Horst
I read the part about relocating the file and you saved my Xiaomi MI 9. It had been bricked for 2 days. I spent many hours working through the error messages. "The file does not exist" error was the last one. Moving it did the trick. I can't thank you enough!!!

Guys if anyone can help me, I think I bricked my device and have no clue on how to fix it. I've seen countless videos, followed every move of each one and nothing has changed. I'm pretty new to this kind of thing. I mean flashing. I've done it in the past a couple of times with other phones with the help of youtube but with Mi A3 it's like I've never done it again. By following a lot ways to fix my phone, I have encountered a lot of errors. My last one is the one in the screenshot I give you. Please help me because I don't have the money to buy another phone and I'm trying more than 3 days to fix it!

Guys if anyone can help me, I think I bricked my device and have no clue on how to fix it. I've seen countless videos, followed every move of each one and nothing has changed. I'm pretty new to this kind of thing. I mean flashing. I've done it in the past a couple of times with other phones with the help of youtube but with Mi A3 it's like I've never done it again. By following a lot ways to fix my phone, I have encountered a lot of errors. My last one is the one in the screenshot I give you. Please help me because I don't have the money to buy another phone and I'm trying more than 3 days to fix it!
View attachment 30717

Use the last version of Miflash
Unzip the ROM to C:\
Open the file flash all.bat in the unzipped folder
remove all commands except the one that start with "fastboot"
Save the file

And flash this version

Last edited: