Stuck in fastboot. Empty system partition and flashing recovery fails. PLEASE HELP!

By following what you said and deleting this part:

and leaving as is the rest from this point:

this is the final result I've got:

This thread was very helpful. I have edited the script, to set back my Mi Note 10 to Android 9/ MiUI 11 and lock it. I´ve changed a little the way to do this, because i´ve renamed the "flash all.sh", which produces the error notices at the end, in "flash all.txt" and copied the folder with the unzipped image to C:/ (root). I´ve marked "clean all and lock" and flashed with the notice "success" at the end. Before i read your thread always the "failed" message was shown before flashing anything, with the information, that anti rollback was active. Without this thread i have had no chance for warranty service, so thanks for the informations.

Hy,

Sure. The way you mention it, it seems to be simple. It wasn't for me because I tried that a lot of times. Every fastboot ROM that needs to be flashed via Mi Flash has those installation scripts coming with it. Those script perform a anti rollback error check and that kept returning the error "Anti Rollback check error!" everytime I tried to flash the ROM on my device.

I have fixed this issue by editing those script, removing all rules on the top of the script that performed the anti rollback error and runned the flash again. It returned an error after the flash but my phone booted up finally and everything works fine now!

I hope my tread will help some other people to!

Kind regards,

Sander

Thank you very very much for this solution, it works and it helped me out when I thought all hope was lost!!
I posted you wonderful reply on Reddit here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So far I have gotten two personal messages from people who found the reddit reply and they both said I saved their day, it is thanks to you sharing your solution here. I just wanted to let you know, thanks so so much!!

Last edited:
Hello,

I tried to install a global Xiaomi rom site, but I had problems with the TWRP on my Mi 10 pro

I wanted to install an official version with miflash, but I have a rollback problem.

My phone is in version 1, and the official roms are in version 0.

I don't know what to do anymore, would anyone have a solution?

Version of my phone:

Version of the latest rom found:

Your solution is possible for me?
Thank you for your help

Hy,

You should remove all commands except the one that explicitly start with fastboot. Check my attached screenshot for the edited file.

About the error of the file that does not exists: I faced the same issue that MIFlash tool couldn't find my flash_all.bat after I had edited it. I solved this by moving the whole package directly on my E: drive. So the path had become "E:\davinci_global_images_V10.3.6.0.PFJMIXM_20190603.0000.00_9.0_global\flash_all.bat" instead of "E:\*********\Desktop\adb\MiFlash20180528\davinci_global_images_V10.3.6.0.PFJMIXM_20190603.0000.00_9.0_global\flash_all.bat".

I hope that you can get it done with my explanation!

Kind regards,

Sander Horst

hello I have a mi 8 lite rom. And there is not line without fastboot but the problem is always there. the error is ''mismatching image and device'' Please help me sander97

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-12-07 163722.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-12-07 163722.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
hello I have a mi 8 lite rom. And there is not line without fastboot but the problem is always there. the error is ''mismatching image and device'' Please help me sander97
Delete line 1 and 2.
But be sure the rom is for your device else you will hard brick

you're a life saver, i've been awake for the past 48 hours , me and my poco f2 pro.
you're the man, thanks a lot

Frofa....may some god bless you .... if there is any ... even if they are Martians .... that by the way and since we are ..... we are his ancestors .... I think so .... .. how have you stayed jajaja

Hy,

I have just deleted the part of the script that performs the checks. Remove that part until the fastboot commands begin.

Please let me know if you need more information!

Kind regards,

Sander Horst
Just reimaged my Note 8 PRO. Bought on ebay a while ago, everything was perfect, until 12.5 upgrade.
Google stopped working, gmail etc.
Deleted the IF statements from the top of the BAT file, flashed the mobile.
Error in the end did not mean anything - it literally says that the checks before flashing were not performed (well, I removed them, thanks for letting me know).

It looks like those checks try to ensure you upgrade UP not downgrade. In my case I was moving from 12.5 CHINA to 12.0 or something like that GLOBAL.
However after I activated the system, i successfully upgraded to 12.5 GLOBAL.

Everything perfect now.

Global version check still returns that my IMEI is CHINESE though....

Hy,

You should remove all commands except the one that explicitly start with fastboot. Check my attached screenshot for the edited file.

About the error of the file that does not exists: I faced the same issue that MIFlash tool couldn't find my flash_all.bat after I had edited it. I solved this by moving the whole package directly on my E: drive. So the path had become "E:\davinci_global_images_V10.3.6.0.PFJMIXM_20190603.0000.00_9.0_global\flash_all.bat" instead of "E:\*********\Desktop\adb\MiFlash20180528\davinci_global_images_V10.3.6.0.PFJMIXM_20190603.0000.00_9.0_global\flash_all.bat".

I hope that you can get it done with my explanation!

Kind regards,

Sander Horst

I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU 2 years later still saving phones. my mate got a mi 11 ultra and i thought i bricked it trying to flash eu.
u doing the lords work :p <3