Stuck in orange-fastboot loop

blitzy

Members
Jan 10, 2022
I'm using mi11 (venus), and I tried to install the latest stable ROM (MIUI 13) today.

TL;DR; I got stuck in an orange-fastboot loop and cannot do anything. Can somebody help?

The pic is on the attachment, sorry for the low quality. I used my laptop's webcam for it.

Chronology:
In the beginning, I unlocked the bootloader succesfully.

But then when I tried to flash the ROM, I chose the "fastboot_update_rom.sh" instead of "fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh" by mistake.
I got stuck at the recovery mode at first. Tried to restart, but it went straight to recovery mode again.

I managed to flash TWRP, but there is no ROM inside the phone. So I disconnect the cable, try to get the ROM via USB stick (failed to mount), restart the phone, and now I stuck in the orange-fastboot.

I cannot go to recovery mode anymore.
My computer cannot detect the phone anymore.
Everytime I restart the phone, it goes straight to the orange-fastboot mode.

Is there anything I can do to save my phone?

Attachments

• Photo on 2022-01-10 at 19.22.jpg
    Photo on 2022-01-10 at 19.22.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,839
Last edited:
I'm using mi11 (venus), and I tried to install the latest stable ROM (MIUI 13) today.

TL;DR; I got stuck in an orange-fastboot loop and cannot do anything. Can somebody help?

Chronology:

But then when I tried to flash the ROM, I chose the "fastboot_update_rom.sh" instead of "fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh" by mistake.
I got stuck at the recovery mode at first. Tried to restart, but it went straight to recovery mode again.

I managed to flash TWRP, but there is no ROM inside the phone. So I disconnect the cable, try to get the ROM via USB stick (failed to mount), restart the phone, and now I stuck in the orange-fastboot.

So in my opinion you are in the "wrong" mode. The writing should actually be blue.
If you hold down the quieter key when switching on the phone, you should end up in the correct fastboot mode. The one in blue letters. Then you can run the update script again.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 5 mit Tapatalk

So in my opinion you are in the "wrong" mode. The writing should actually be blue.
If you hold down the quieter key when switching on the phone, you should end up in the correct fastboot mode. The one in blue letters. Then you can run the update script again.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 5 mit Tapatalk
Do you mean power + volume down button?

It doesn't work sadly. I always thrown to the "wrong" fastboot.

I have the same problem. I was able to load up a recovery menu (miui recovery 5.0) but it was in chinese. I tried translating it but my phone rebooted and didnt get to do anything. I've tried doing it again but i cant. Phone load up to fastboot too fast.

I have the same problem. I was able to load up a recovery menu (miui recovery 5.0) but it was in chinese. I tried translating it but my phone rebooted and didnt get to do anything. I've tried doing it again but i cant. Phone load up to fastboot too fast.
STOP multi posting!
you must use the search box and get the latest given instruction

Reactions: pxotas
You've fixed it? How?
I'm still stuck. Can you please share how to do it?

Or perhaps, point me to a right direction?
What I did was wait until the fastboot screen went out by itself (or just until the phone turns off by itself) which took about 30 minutes to 1 hour for me. After that I held down the power and volume down button. It went to the same fastboot screen. Idk if it helped but I shut my PC off. Then I made sure my cable was plugged in all the way and started from a fresh boot up on my PC.

Then I just followed this tutorial
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Before you flash try saving your user data. I didn't and lost everything but I don't mind. If you do mind losing data BACKUP USER DATA. I went back to 12.5 stable global rom. I lost everything and went back a few versions but I'm happy my mi 11 ultra works again.

That's what worked for me. I hope it works for you.

Tried the youtube video suggestion, but unfortunately the flashing process terminated midway with some error code.
So my phone was totally bricked. Dead. Pitch black screen, even on charging or pressing any button.

Sent it to the workshop, and luckily they repaired it under warranty. I think they swapped the whole board or something cause the IMEI has changed.

Your problems are no phone Brick.
Just not knowing and not wanting to read the miui flashing guide. And it has to be done step by step.

If you do not read it, then there are problems, the most desperate people pay Euro for a remote rom upload.

Read the tutorials two times before you start your adventure with MIUI

The pic is on the attachment, sorry for the low quality. I used my laptop's webcam for it.

Chronology:

I am about to try to flash my Mi11 with the Orange ROM. I don't know if you have solved your problem, but I did find on a French forum some clues about the process to follow. It appears that trying to flash teh Global Muii 13 ROM on an Orange rom doesn't work and brick the phone. Only flashing the EEA ROM works. Obviously after unbkricking the phone. I have not yet tried and need further syudy of the process. All explanations are in French which is ,no problem for me ( this is my native language) and I will try to make an english abstract when I start to proceed hopefully with success.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You should have just formatted while you had twrp. The bootloop is because of that. When changing ROM branches, you must format due to partition differences between them.