Stuck in TWRP and unable to install 13.0.10.0 eu stable rom on courbet

zabegan34

Members
Dec 17, 2022
Hello guys. I have strange problem. I'm unable to install this rom unfortunately. Im stuck in TWRP. After installing phone just keeps rebooting into twrp. Installed crdroid custom rom no problem at all.
The version im trying to install is v13.0.10.0. phone model is mi 11 lite 4g courbet.
So i do:
-format data
-reboot
-install eu stable rom v13.0.10.0
-reboot to recovery
-then reboot to system but it just keeps endless bootloop? It goes straight back to twrp

Also while format data (see the photo i attached) says something but i have no idea what it means.
So currently im back on stock same version. Changed even file system to ext4, filed everything and just keep booting to twrp instead to system. Any help would be appreciated

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So you basically did everything except flashing the ROM as instructed.
Your steps make no sense. You "format data" first, then you "reboot" (to where? system? recovery?), and then "install eu stable"? Why?
If you reboot to system after formatting data and then reboot back to recovery and flash the ROM, then you're doing it wrong. No point in formatting data if all you do is boot back to system which will re-encrypt your data and re-initialize metadata.

Reactions: mik101
So you basically did everything except flashing the ROM as instructed.
Your steps make no sense. You "format data" first, then you "reboot" (to where? system? recovery?), and then "install eu stable"? Why?
If you reboot to system after formatting data and then reboot back to recovery and flash the ROM, then you're doing it wrong. No point in formatting data if all you do is boot back to system which will re-encrypt your data and re-initialize metadata.
Ooops even I confused things :D first I do format data(still throws that yellow lines) then flash ROM and reboot system but still goes to TWRP.
Also first time after format data I just rebooted to recovery

Ooops even I confused things :D first I do format data(still throws that yellow lines) then flash ROM and reboot system but still goes to TWRP.
Also first time after format data I just rebooted to recovery
What version of TWRP are you using?

How to install it for courbet is at the bottom. It has a dedicated recovery partition:

What version of TWRP are you using?

How to install it for courbet is at the bottom. It has a dedicated recovery partition:
Latest one twrp-3.7.0_12-0-courbet-ygherna.img.
Also did the same as the post says.
"
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot recovery
"
Format data, install rom, reboot system and goes back to twrp. Also checked interntal storage via my pc. its empty. No idea how to install this rom.
As i said installing other custom rom works just fine

Latest one twrp-3.7.0_12-0-courbet-ygherna.img.
Also did the same as the post says.
"
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot recovery
"
Format data, install rom, reboot system and goes back to twrp. Also checked interntal storage via my pc. its empty. No idea how to install this rom.
As i said installing other custom rom works just fine
You're renaming the file to recovery.img or actually using the real file name in place of that, right?

You're renaming the file to recovery.img or actually using the real file name in place of that, right?
I do rename twrp-3.7.0_12-0-courbet-ygherna.img to twrp.img to shorten the name.
I do something stupid with this? xD
so it goes "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"

I do rename twrp-3.7.0_12-0-courbet-ygherna.img to twrp.img to shorten the name.
No, that should work.
This link times out for me 90% of the time from my location, but generally you can get SKKK TWRP updates as gogocar62 mentioned from here:
The first collection I linked to doesn't have the SKKK versions for Courbet.

I found this on XDA for you. The fix is to use the boot.img from 13.0.8.0 Xaiomi.eu rom when flashing 13.0.9.0 or 13.0.10.0 on that device.

Last edited:
I found this on XDA for you. Seems to be a known issue with that recovery. Someone said the fix is to use the boot.img from 13.0.8.0 Xaiomi.eu rom when flashing 13.0.9.0 or 13.0.10.0 on that device.
I'll check out. Thank you....
As i guessed, something is with the rom version/recovery unfortunatelly. I had no problems installing other roms

I'll check out. Thank you....
As i guessed, something is with the rom version/recovery unfortunatelly. I had no problems installing other roms
Yeah. That guy was saying that if you replace the boot image in the new rom with the one from that older version then it should boot.

You can probably do this from fastboot as well with fastboot flash boot boot.img where boot.img is the one you take out of the old version i mentioned (after flashing the newer version). Or just replace the boot.img file in the newer zip with the old one and flash it through TWRP.

Yeah. That guy was saying that if you replace the boot image in the new rom with the one from that older version then it should boot.

You can probably do this from fastboot as well with fastboot flash boot boot.img where boot.img is the one you take out of the old version i mentioned (after flashing the newer version). Or just replace the boot.img file in the newer zip with the old one and flash it through TWRP.

Update on thread.. Ok, so i got it working now by using the method the member above me stated.
Downloaded old 13.0.8.0 rom, extracted boot.img from it, flashed 13.0.10.0, phone again reboots to recovery. So after that i went to fastboot, and then used command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and phone booted straight into system!
I hope this thread helps someone others too after i wasted so many hours trying to fix this dam thing.
And sorry if you find my English grammar bad, it is not my native lang i'm still learning :)))

Reactions: mik101 and ingbrzy
Update on thread.. Ok, so i got it working now by using the method the member above me stated.
Downloaded old 13.0.8.0 rom, extracted boot.img from it, flashed 13.0.10.0, phone again reboots to recovery. So after that i went to fastboot, and then used command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and phone booted straight into system!
I hope this thread helps someone others too after i wasted so many hours trying to fix this dam thing.
And sorry if you find my English grammar bad, it is not my native lang i'm still learning :)))
Good that you pointed that out, TWRP got mistakenly injected to boot.img, although courbet is a Dedicated Recovery Partition device, which made it unbootable.
We'll rebuild V13.0.10.0 and reupload it, this time as a Hybrid ROM.