Stuck on "Couldn't read fingerprint. Enter your password"

Kakabaga

Members
Jul 13, 2023
I can't enter private photos with fingerprint. Says "Couldn't read fingerprint. Enter your password"

So I want to access my private photos but I have forgot my pattern password. Previously I could use my fingerprint but now it just says it couldn't read it, without even giving me the opportunity to put my finger.

I've done all kinds of things from various forums but nothing seems to work.

Also, the fingerprint works just fine to unlock phone.

Model: Redmi 9
MIUI Global 13.0.1

Tried:

Clear cache on apps FingerprintExtentionService and Fingerprint test, and reebot

Gone to CIT and got Pass on Fingerprint sensor test, and reebot. Although on CIT Fingerprint input test it says Fail and when pressed: "Your phone has password, cannot enroll fingerprint information.

Deleted fingerprint and added a new one

Switch on option Don't keep activities

I can't enter private photos with fingerprint. Says "Couldn't read fingerprint. Enter your password"

So I want to access my private photos but I have forgot my pattern password. Previously I could use my fingerprint but now it just says it couldn't read it, without even giving me the opportunity to put my finger.

I've done all kinds of things from various forums but nothing seems to work.

Also, the fingerprint works just fine to unlock phone.

Model: Redmi 9
MIUI Global 13.0.1

Tried:

Clear cache on apps FingerprintExtentionService and Fingerprint test, and reebot

Gone to CIT and got Pass on Fingerprint sensor test, and reebot. Although on CIT Fingerprint input test it says Fail and when pressed: "Your phone has password, cannot enroll fingerprint information.

Deleted fingerprint and added a new one

Switch on option Don't keep activities
Wrong forum. Please go to the Official Xiaomi forum