Stuck On Miui 5.12.11 And Android 4.4.4

Simonvinder

Members
Jun 26, 2017
Hi guys,

I've been looking around the forum, but I didn't manage to find a proper solution. I did find some that were close though.

Basically I'm stuck on an old version of MIUI and an old Android version. I don't get any updates anymore. I would like to know if it is possible to move on from here? I have no issue with unlocking or flashing.

Model: MI 4LTE-CU
Android: 4.4.4 KTU84P
MIUI 7 - 5.12.11 I Beta

What I'm mainly looking for, is:
  • Is it possible to move on to a new Android version and MIUI version?
  • How do I do so?
  • If you can provide links to the files I would need, I'd be greatful for that.
Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I've been looking around the forum, but I didn't manage to find a proper solution. I did find some that were close though.

Basically I'm stuck on an old version of MIUI and an old Android version. I don't get any updates anymore. I would like to know if it is possible to move on from here? I have no issue with unlocking or flashing.

Model: MI 4LTE-CU
Android: 4.4.4 KTU84P
MIUI 7 - 5.12.11 I Beta

What I'm mainly looking for, is:
  • Is it possible to move on to a new Android version and MIUI version?
  • How do I do so?
  • If you can provide links to the files I would need, I'd be greatful for that.
Thanks in advance!
Fastboot flash latest en.miui.com china developer rom, install twrp, format and install from twrp latest xiaomi.eu 7.6
14 cancro.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

What would the correct version be for Mi4 if I choose to go with MI.eu? I can only seem to find roms for S and C.

Hi everyone,

I want to unlock my phone too, because my Mi4C is stuck on an outdated version of the OS.

Android version: 4.4.4 KTU84P
Patch level: 2015-12-01
MIUI version: MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.12.11 Beta

In order to flash to a more up to date ROM, I'm trying to follow the instructions above (by mnikolce), but I'm stumbling at the first hurdle.

I went to en.miui.com/unlock/ but clicking Unlock Now just brings me to a forum in Chinese. Chrome's translate function isn't getting me any further forward. There was a post I saw that was on point, but the advice was (unhelpfully) go to the MIUI website and apply to unlock, with no links provided. Basically, I'm still stuck on Step 1.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I want to unlock my phone too, because my Mi4C is stuck on an outdated version of the OS.

Android version: 4.4.4 KTU84P
Patch level: 2015-12-01
MIUI version: MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.12.11 Beta

In order to flash to a more up to date ROM, I'm trying to follow the instructions above (by mnikolce), but I'm stumbling at the first hurdle.

I went to en.miui.com/unlock/ but clicking Unlock Now just brings me to a forum in Chinese. Chrome's translate function isn't getting me any further forward. There was a post I saw that was on point, but the advice was (unhelpfully) go to the MIUI website and apply to unlock, with no links provided. Basically, I'm still stuck on Step 1.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
If you wish android 7 for mi4c i one thing and staying on 5.1 is another... Very long story... From where should we start?

If you wish android 7 for mi4c i one thing and staying on 5.1 is another... Very long story... From where should we start?

Are you saying don't do it? Surely it's a risk using a phone with outdated software too?

Are you saying don't do it? Surely it's a risk using a phone with outdated software too?
Ok, updating to latest Xiaomi.eu weekly for Mi4c: first update to weekly 6.12.22 then update to latest 7.7.20 your bootloader will be locked now, apply for unlocking on mi.unlock.com wait for permission, after getting the permit install twrp for android 7 then you can continue with future weekly updates, and new Miui 9...

Reactions: benbaaa
Ok, updating to latest Xiaomi.eu weekly for Mi4c: first update to weekly 6.12.22 then update to latest 7.7.20 your bootloader will be locked now, apply for unlocking on mi.unlock.com wait for permission, after getting the permit install twrp for android 7 then you can continue with future weekly updates, and new Miui 9...

Thanks. I'll try this.